ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cost of 182 parts

Black Pearl Dynamique
Hey guys, after stumbling across this site a couple days ago, i've spent a bit of time searching threads and soaking up some ideas for my clio. Being 18 is a right pain because even if I had the cash for a 182, the insurance would set me back mega bucks. So instead, I had to settle for a 1.2 dynamique which i've had for about 6 months now, and it's about time some changes were made.

Prior to owning my clio, I always wanted 182 wheels, and I still think they look mint now. So I wouldn't mind having a set on my 1.2. I've read they need 5mm spacers or something, but apart from that, they're ok to fit. How much would a set cost me, and where would be the best place to get them? I expect buying them from Renault would be dear.

I also fancy a 182 grill, and it seems they're piss easy to fit so i'll most probably fork out the £42 quid I read it cost. Would I get that from Renault?

Any feedback on what I want to do would be appreciated. If you think i'm making a mistake with the wheels tell me.

Cheers in advance.

Mark.

Da

Less
wheels are a good place to start. My set of 4 cost me £400~ with tyres, I then added a fifth (spare) at a cost of about £80, all second hand but mint condition. If you fit the alloys you will need to lower it otherwise you'll be driving a tractor believe me! ;)
The wheels from Renault are £100+ each without tyres! :eek:

I have the front grill too, simple easy mod that is well worth it!

View attachment 15490

View attachment 15491

welcome to the club! :D

Last edited:
  Black Pearl Dynamique
Your car looks mint with the work you've had done mate. As soon as lowering it comes into play I get worried as that's not something i'll be able to do myself and the labour costs will be stupid. How much did lowering it cost you?

And did the wheels need anything extra to be fitted correctly?

Your car looks mint with the work you've had done mate. As soon as lowering it comes into play I get worried as that's not something i'll be able to do myself and the labour costs will be stupid. How much did lowering it cost you?

And did the wheels need anything extra to be fitted correctly?

182 wheels on the back need 5mm spacers I think.

Lowerings easy 2 hours for springs or springs and shocks.maybe an extra 1 hour if your not sure what your doing. People on here will do it for cheap.

Cost at a garage £30~90

Da

Less
Lowering cost me £35~ for the springs alone :) and edde is correct the wheels need 5mm spacers on the rear or there'll be rubbing on the inner arch liner.