ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cost of Paint

02 Clio Extreme
a mate of mine will be colour coding my car.. but i have to buy the paint

how much will i be looking at for 3 tins of blue spray?
and 1 tin of silver spray?

and what size tins of paint?? not the small ones i was told

anyone could help from experience?

02 Clio Extreme
i do i order then? it looks pretty confusing.. or isit cos im a girl?? lol

oh and are they cheaper than buying from the dealer?

Chocolate Bar™
much cheaper than the dealer. Give em a ring with your paint code and order it over the phone. Mark is really helpful and will sort u out no probs

02 Clio Extreme
i know the colour code for the blue..

but i dont know they colour for the silver.. its just silver i want - for the 16v badges

You should just be able to ask for a silver in that case. If you are calling to order just say you dont have a code and just want a tin of silver.

I'd imagine until about 5 or 530 Middo is more likely to know their opening hours I've never used them before.

lol, you're kidding right?

Chocolate Bar™
get it done by a pro bodyshop otherwise its money down the toilet IMO

lol, i said this in her previous thread. Even if the guy is a maistro with the spray cans it'll still look cack and bumpy.

All the information your asking for is on the website just have a bloody look ;)
and as for the cost of fone call doubt it'll be much lol

Chocolate Bar™
main concern i'd have with colourcoding the car is colour matching, even if you get a decent enough finish the colour will prob be all wrong, especially on a metallic colour. And from experience this time of year is crap for spraying, i can guarentee the laquer will go cloudy and give all sorts of probs if he hasnt got some sort of infra red heater etc.

Punto/Clio GTT
ide also ask your friend if hes got a compressor? you dont seem to know too much about what youve gotta get really from your posts, perhaps he wants tins of paint and not aerosols? ide check before you go buy some aerosols

02 Clio Extreme
he doesnt have a compressor.. so he wants spray cans.

i know that he knows his stuff. he's done soo many of his cars before.

but to be honest, part of me is just saying to get it done in a bodyshop - yeh will prob pay more, but atleast will be a top job

If you can stretch to it then get a bodyshop to do it. Go in flutter your eyelids give them a sobstory about being poor and they'll probably bring the price down a bit.

02 Clio Extreme
do you think it be best if i got one of my male friends to go in and sort out a price etc..

cos they will prob feck me bout and overcharge me, just cos im a girl

Chocolate Bar™
do you think it be best if i got one of my male friends to go in and sort out a price etc..

cos they will prob feck me bout and overcharge me, just cos im a girl

just because your a girl doesnt mean they'll overcharge u lol plenty of strong women out there i wouldnt mess with ;) as said bout 100-150 mark should be right, anymore walk away