ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cost/part number for a 182 bonnet catch mechanism?

Can anybody help please? I'm after the bit that actually bolts to the bonnet, specifically the large spring around the piston (but I assume it's sold as a complete assembly). My spring's rusty and I'm worried it'll snap, I've greased it up for the time being.

If it does snap, the worst that'll happen is two people are required to pop the bonnet right?

Cheers

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
See if its been back for the re call if not get it done

A lad I work with has a 52plate 172 cup and has had his done recently

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Go to renault and have them check it over.

I got a whole new part when i took mine in.. for free aswell

Thanks chaps. It had been 'recalled' before I bought it, checked with Renault. I haven't taken up Renault's latest free inspection offer though, will book it in and just get the parts if the labour fee is mental.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Everything was free for me as it was the recall.

They will check it over and let you know either way, if they say its fine then it breaks then surely its their fault aswell?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
That looks the same as mine...

But, you should get it done for free seeing as theres been 2 or 3 recalls on that part.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
They should do it for free, i went ages ago to local dealer to pick up some RS mats and he saw car asked if he could have a look at bonnet catch and if it hadn't been changed recently.
It wasn't in bad condition tbh but he got the lad to change it anyway for a shiney new one there and then for free. They should be well aware of the recalls and give you it FOC

Yeah I got it booked in yesterday (even though it did have a catch swap in 2006 before I bought it). Also I lied, Renault offer the catch at £38 also, if I were forced to pay.

Thanks guys

Clio 182 FF Orange
Hi guys

my bonnet catch doesn't lift when I pull the handle

does that mean mine needs replacing?

If so if I took it to renault would they replace it for free? Or at least be able to tell me if it has been replaced before ?

please let me know what you think

thanks

I thought you were only allowed one recall on these.

I'm sure IIRC the recall letter stated that you would get a new catch FOC, plus FOC inspections but that if you fail to have inspections & maintain the FOC catch then you bear the cost of subsequent catches.

BMW E91 Tourer
well I've had the car for 6 weeks and just had a letter for recall, they said if it needs replacing then it will be a fee of £95.00.
not the car but the bonnet catch. agree inspection though so might as well.

Clio 182
Yes letters out this week, they are now sent signed for, at a cost of £6 for Renault, it would have been cheaper for them to replace the catches at this rate. this is my 3rd letter. i don't think there has ever been a recall, Renault still deny a problem and blame it on poor servicing.

Civic Type R FN2
When I bought my 172 at the start of the year I just phoned my local Renault dealer, got it booked in for the next weekend and they sorted it for free no questions