ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cough... cough... I've been missing.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
It's been so long, some of you will be grateful some of you might have missed me being an arsehole lol.

So few months ago I splashed some cash on some Weitec Coilovers for my woman (still cool to call your car a woman right?), anyway managed to get them fitted this weekend complete with new BMW top mounts and the cars booked in for 4 wheel alinement on Friday. I ordered some 12mm spacers for the rear which should fingers crossed come on Wednesday from CMWheels and I'll get them fitted just in time for dare I say it Modified Live at Oulton Park this coming weekend.

Anyway as for the pictures I just got the car cleaned up quick then headed to a local-ish industrial estate on Sunday and took a few quick snaps, the suspension is obviously still settling.

9296051824_bce989d731_b.jpg

A 15-JUL-2013 by Mike Dean87, on Flickr

9293271881_16ab62b648_b.jpg

B 15-JUL-2013 by Mike Dean87, on Flickr

9293269985_1cf7e3afd7_b.jpg

C 15-JUL-2013 by Mike Dean87, on Flickr

9296046882_c42d8ae5d6_b.jpg

D 15-JUL-2013 by Mike Dean87, on Flickr

9293266723_1a0b145108_b.jpg

E 15-JUL-2013 by Mike Dean87, on Flickr

9296044244_88443b1b0b_b.jpg

F 15-JUL-2013 by Mike Dean87, on Flickr

9293263421_5f8022f687_b.jpg

G 15-JUL-2013 by Mike Dean87, on Flickr

Hope you like, Im happy with the results so far so she's coming together nicely couple more bits and she'l be perfect.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Everything on its genuine BMW so Im trying to keep it as OEM as possible, its costing me a fortune but its the BMW way lol.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Doesn't work for me Mike. Just feels generic.

Why the change to something so "sterile"?

Porsche Boxster987S
pretty sure I liked this car on instagram. im paulbryce7 on there. Love it. Classy!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looks smart. Not massively lower than a set of Eibachs. But then i bet it handles better.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Didn't know they came on 16s. They look tiny. Get some bigger wheels and it would look awesome. (Obviously in my opinion)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Thanks for the comments guys, Tom its a tad lower but at least I can play with the height etc. I did look at cup kits but id rather have coilovers could say they are a tad overkill but I suppose its my money at the end of the day. The rides actually less harsh but firmer if that makes any sense, it corners really flat now so Im looking forward to it being set up properly at tweaks on Friday. Thing is I wanted something quick but a great cruiser so Im happy.

Didn't know they came on 16s. They look tiny. Get some bigger wheels and it would look awesome. (Obviously in my opinion)

Not sure if SRS or just poor troll?

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Very serious. They look too small. (In 2 of the photos)

before you have a winge, it is my opinion and I'm not saying it looks s**t.

Not a 320d
I only discovered yesterday that they make a 335 folding hardtop. I'm sorted for my next motor.

Mate have you actually driven the E93?

I don't know how much you like cars but if you do you'll detest every back road moment in one. The chassis is possibly one of the most awful Ive ever driven. That said you are a BMW owner and already have a soft top.

not forgetting the extra weight.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
The Z4 is leagues above the usual 3 series softops handling wise, never driven and E93 convertible but i'm willing to bet is even worse than the older 3 series.

Not a 320d
Imagine going round a corner and feeling the car twist. i s**t you not its like the thing is made from rubber.

E90 is what you want for handling. E92 not far behind it.