ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Could my engine be cammed?

F4r'd Clio 1.2 16V
Hello

i might be making an idiot out of myself but here goes

My old engine died about 6 months ago I then brought a second hand engine off ebay which claimed it was fine with no knocks or anything, I have no reason to dis believe this as the company seemed to be a respected "ebayer"

after having the cambelt and dephaser done I installed the engine started it up and it was making a sort of knocky tappy noise backed up by a lumpy idle there has been evidence of the rocker being off in the past aswell, I might be clutching straws but just wonderd that after reading a certain type of cam can make a tappy sort of noise?

what are people's thoughts?

I have also had the car plugged in and it didn't throw up any fault codes,

The tappy knocky noise is not bottom end it is towards the top of the engine aswell!

look forward to hearing people's responses

​jack

F4r'd Clio 1.2 16V
Yeah the dephaser is deffo done, and yeah I have had it running for 20 minutes so surely oil should be around engine now? :O

F4r'd Clio 1.2 16V
How long do people reckon to leave the car running for? I am certain it isn't dephaser as when it gets to temperature it doesn't make the diesel noise at all

F4r'd Clio 1.2 16V
10w40 oil and the noise stays even when car is up to full working temperature, and yes they were done at my local renault dealer

hoping it might just go but it's definitely a strange one! The electronic fault light is on too the one that looks like a loaf of bread could it be to do with Vvt solenoid?

Thanks for replies

​jack