ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Couple of bucket seat choices?

Ph1 T
Right looking to get some buckets and like the look of the cobra Monaco pro but read a lot about them been uncomfy for long drives so not sure now, although I hardly ever do long drives, opinions on these please:

Cobra Monaco pro?
bimarco futura?

Any other options budget of 400?

also don't mind getting second hand aslong as good condition,,

Cheers

Monaco pro's are uncomfortable for long journeys, after an hour I would be numb, 2 hours I would be in pain.

I only paid £150 for my pair so if I had £400 I wouldn't buy them.

Ph1 T
Pretty much them out of the window then as going to be on track alot and also have a trip to the ring

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I have the Standard Recaros in mine. I know these are a bit over budget for you but if you could stretch, or wait a bit longer and save some more pennies there well worth. I used to drive 5 hrs to surrey in them and they where perfect.

It depends what you want them for ? Track days ? Racing ? Just fancy some buckets ?

Do they need to recline or slide forward ?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I had sparco evo's and really liked them :)

Look nicer than the monacos too.

Ph1 T
I have the Standard Recaros in mine. I know these are a bit over budget for you but if you could stretch, or wait a bit longer and save some more pennies there well worth. I used to drive 5 hrs to surrey in them and they where perfect.

It depends what you want them for ? Track days ? Racing ? Just fancy some buckets ?

Do they need to recline or slide forward ?

Track days mate nope don't need to recline

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Cobra daytonas are incredibly comfort ale.

I had cobra misanos as well which were nice too.

LY Megane R26
I have Bimarco's and think there awesome! Comfy and suportive, went to the ring in them and back and had no trouble at all and they held me well while going round as a passenger. I also use them as a daily and still have no problems. They look awesome too!

There only £200 each on eBay from the main Bimarco distributer and mine arrived about a week later.
Its the Subframes and Side-mounts that will cost money to tho, with Subframes at £100 a side and Mounts at £60 ish for both sides.

f7754abd.jpg

Clio 200 CUP
I love myn there right. I do a lot of driving evey weekend from Bicester back home Blackpool and i have not got a bad word to say about them :approve:

26594_420228936188_620671188_5717431_5891091_n.jpg

Ph1 T
I have Bimarco's and think there awesome! Comfy and suportive, went to the ring in them and back and had no trouble at all and they held me well while going round as a passenger. I also use them as a daily and still have no problems. They look awesome too!

There only £200 each on eBay from the main Bimarco distributer and mine arrived about a week later.
Its the Subframes and Side-mounts that will cost money to tho, with Subframes at £100 a side and Mounts at £60 ish for both sides.

f7754abd.jpg
I jut bought some side mounts from demon tweeks will I need subframes or can the be modified to fit just with the side mount think I'm defo going to go for these seats though, yeah I've seen them on eBay at that price from Poland I think

f7754abd.jpg

I did a passenger lap of the ring in Scotts seat in another car. Very very supportive and comfy! I really like the seats myself :)

LY Megane R26
I jut bought some side mounts from demon tweeks will I need subframes or can the be modified to fit just with the side mount think I'm defo going to go for these seats though, yeah I've seen them on eBay at that price from Poland I think

You will need subframe's unless you fancy chopping and drilling into your floor pan?
OMP do them and will bolt straigh down but the inside side near the handbreak will need packing out a inch or so as they sit wonky!

Ph1 T
I'll probably be drilling to the floor pan unless I buy the ones that are for sale on here with the frames and everything

172 CUP
I've got OMP TR-S buckets in mine, I find them comfy, supportive and keep me in the seat well. I'm also fine with doing long journey's in them

172 Cup 181bp 165lbf
I bought mine from http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180836737842?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 and I got the Renault Sport Stitching

IMG_15751.jpg

I really can't fault the service and I said I would recommend. He is great at communication and very fast delivery. He said if you mention my eBay user name he we sort you out a decent deal. It's "Chris306gti", worth a try at least...

I paid £210 per seat with Renault Sport Stitching plus delivery. And TBH I don't think that was too bad. But like I said, he is very good at replying to emails, keeping you in the loop and fast delivery.

I am just in the process of fitting them now, just waiting on the OMP Base Frame....Sparco Side Mounts arrived today