ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Couple of questions about my 17's

A Fcukin Car
Just wondering wat PSI I need to put in, they are 205/40/17 as I am goin on a long motorway drive tomorow an they are a bit flat at the mo.

Also they have rubbed a huge hole in my front arch liners, is it bad??

CS Dungeon
Just wondering wat PSI I need to put in, they are 205/40/17 as I am goin on a long motorway drive tomorow an they are a bit flat at the mo.

Yes it is, your arch liners are protecting your fuel lines, if you go through one of them your car will explode into a ball of flames, stop driving it immediately and get it checked out

A Fcukin Car

Yes it is, your arch liners are protecting your fuel lines, if you go through one of them your car will explode into a ball of flames, stop driving it immediately and get it checked out

Really, are you serious, so I could blow up?? I gota do some milage 2moro on the motorway :quiet:

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
their aint no fuel pipes goign to the front wheels !!!! silly terrorist. its just where u turn i take it, and has worn the plastic linner, correct ? just get some new ones from a scrap yard, and let them wear out again, not much or an issue

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
you probably need some spacers on the front wheels so when you turn the wheel don't touch the lining, you can try by opening your window, put you steering on full lock and slowly drive to see if u hear it rubbing, or just have a look to see where the wheel is rubbing, to stop it wearing out again, just don't turn so much on full lock

A Fcukin Car
their aint no fuel pipes goign to the front wheels !!!! silly terrorist. its just where u turn i take it, and has worn the plastic linner, correct ? just get some new ones from a scrap yard, and let them wear out again, not much or an issue

So I am not going to burn? Phew was worried for a min then.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
no, the fuel pipe goes under the car, and comes up in the engine side, (i am pretty sure of it) not behind the wheel liner.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
u could watch out that the plastic don't get too sharp and stick in the tyre, or wear the tyre out and cause a blow out, check the tyre for any cuts form the plastic, i am sure its just from your turnnign though

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
yeah that be it, its just cos the wheels are wider, some spacers on the front should stop them rubbing

al

ST on the way...
It does look like it's just from when it's been on full lock.

Like I said 34-36 should be fine for the profile, can't be any worse than 27!! :S lol

al

ST on the way...
36 front and 34 back.

*edit* Don't forget the tyres need to be cold ideally before you do them.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
the car doesn't weigh that much i think that pressure will be too high, i have my cup on 17" used to have 32psi at front and 30psi rear, and they are fine, actually i swapped the wheels around the other say so my backs are now 30 and my front 32, and it actually feels more stable than the other way around. i think 36 is a bit too much, but hey i am no expert

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Really gotta disagree with al Im afraid,36 34 is far too high. I used to sell a lot of aftermarket alloys and teh advice from the supplier was always to keep it at teh standard pressure

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
pressure are to do with the car weight, like a big heavy renault laguna, with 17" alloys would need like 36psi, clios are too light, and if u had the same pressure will give you little grip, but a lower pressure will make the surface contact better

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Nope not really mate, they may be lower profile but they spread the weight of the car over a larger area so it works out about the same. Its more to do with the weight of the car

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
but too low, and you will loose grip, cos it will form a "w" shape on the ground, and over pressure will form a "u" shape on the ground

A Fcukin Car
Thanks ppl.

And If I blow up in a big ball of flames like Terrorist seams to think I am blaming you Alex!!

CS Dungeon
Thanks ppl.

And If I blow up in a big ball of flames like Terrorist seams to think I am blaming you Alex!!

daily-prayer-by-WAK.jpg

Leon Cupra 300
by the time you have driven to the petrol station or whatever your tyres will be hot.. put 36 in the front and 34 in the back... when its cold this will be about 32 - 30.. buy a decent pressure gauge too to check overnight

A Fcukin Car
by the time you have driven to the petrol station or whatever your tyres will be hot.. put 36 in the front and 34 in the back... when its cold this will be about 32 - 30.. buy a decent pressure gauge too to check overnight

But the others have said normal psi 32 front 29 rear?

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
just shove psi 32 front 29 rear? i'd put psi 32 front 30 rear, but its up to you :) ^^--- he was just saying that when your tyres are hot/cold the pressure reads differently, just goto the machine and do it. 32 front, and whatever u choose at the back 29-30. ok,