ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Courtesy Light

Just changed the colour of my courtesy light from the standard to blue using three led's, looks really nice, but... the led's are contstanly on! When they are meant to be they are really bright and look great, when they arent meant to be there is still a really dull glow that you dont notice unless you look at it, but as i have noticed it, it pisses me off. If i put in a relay will this fix the problem do you think?

Clio Mk2 DCI 68
Maybe switch is "leaking", ie not seperating its contacts fully. Try disconnecting the door switches to see if still does it. Poss' getting some sort of back feed from the light timer-however this is unlikely as led's can only work connected one way round (+/-). ermm thats all I can think of atm.

i put a 6 led uv light in mine but it only turns on when the door is open
i had an 8 led blue light that only turned on when the door was shut
go figure??

Polo + Micra
my guess is that it's the light timer is electronic and doesn't actually cut the power fully

^^^ thats what i was thinking, and because an led will have lower resitance they stay on slightly. So will a relay work? and how the feck do i wire it in...

Btw dink, hows the Hi-Fi coming along?

Polo + Micra
yeah a relay would be a pain to fit it would have to go on the switch live but you would also need a perm +

might be able to fit one of these in the light somewhere

(only just ordering the sound card now:eek:)