ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cracked cup windscreen!

Clio 172 cup
Hi all
The windscreen on my 172 cup has an eight inch crack after a lorry fired a stone into it on the way home last night
I have windscreen cover but as the cup has the lightweight glass will your average glass replacement companies be able to supply it?
Thanks in advance
Ben

Lionel Richie
good luck!

they're are 2 listed for 172 cup

pale green 7701066906
pale blue 7701066907

exactly the same part numbers as a 1.2 16V (without auto wipers/lights) the "lightweight windscreen" is a myth

53 Clio's & counting
nope the windcreen isnt heat replective like the 172/182, i always though its not a lightweight screen,just one from a base model

Lionel Richie
the ff cars have the heat reflective one with the clear patch and the auto lights/wipers bit

a cup windscreen is just off a base model

the side windows are thinner

Lionel Richie
i'm just relaying what the parts database is saying! yoz had a few replacment screens on his cup, he just told them what car it was and they turned up and fitted a ff screen the next time round he told them it was a 1.2 16v (using my reg) and ta dar, normal screen

BMW E46 330i Touring
To be honest, for the different it makes I'd probably try and get them to fit the normal 1*2 glass.

Clio 172 cup
I'm covered so money isn't the issue, saving weight and keeping the car original is

Hi Si, not sure If I've seen you about the little island of ours yet. I live in Ryde and have a Iceburg 172 cup...with a cracked windscreen!

Si

RS Clio 172
i think i've seen you up near tescos a few times :D I'm in nettlestone and drive through ryde every day.

Clio 172 cup
Thats right, live near Tesco's. Give us a toot next time you see me
Was on the ferry on Friday and another Cliosport member pulled up right next to me
Presidentnixon is his user id on here, we should have an IOW meet up one of these days...

Si

RS Clio 172
there are 2 other Clios near you then. the other H&R'd cup i've seen on that new estate where trucast used to be, the red 172 was also up there.

I keep seeing clios recently!

ex-H&R'd Cup
there are 2 other Clios near you then. the other H&R'd cup i've seen on that new estate where trucast used to be, the red 172 was also up there.

I keep seeing clios recently!

Haha! Thats me! NNot living by trucast anymore though. And the lightweight glass is all rubbish.
I got my windscreen replaced up by the college at some glass place. It was a standard windscreen. And i doubtthe weight would make any difference anyhow

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I always thought it was the door glass and rear quater glass that was lighter.Not the front screen.

Must be all of 1lb in it tbh

Lionel Richie
^correct

as i said, the part number for a cup front screen is identical to the part number for the screen on my 1.2 16V

BMW E46 330i Touring
Its a very thin covering of film.

100g?

Crackerjack, I'm so glad I got the Cup for these kind of weight-savings! :dapprove:

I'll be selling mine before next winter - this one's been a hard slog with no electrics half the time...