ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cracked Rear Disc

Elise S1 B&C 140
:eek: As above really, got to work this morning and the car was making awful vibrations under braking, the right hand rear disc has cracked in two places from the outer edge right down to the hub, and is now working its way round the hub (when the 2 cracks meet that section is gonna fall out). Wouldnt mind but i have to get it home (30 miles from work) and the new ones are £140:dapprove: on order from GSF

Gonna be an intersting drive home if the crack gets any worse

Clio 197
Hmm...

...if the cracks do meet while you're driving, you'll be looking at replacing lot more than just the disc! I'd go for the safe option, and not drive it. :S

PS I don't know if it's possible, but could you take the pads ouf of that particular caliper? Would it affect the pressure of the rest of the system?

Clio 172 Flamer
that happend to a friend on his 182 cup after alot off heavy braking;), but he was running brembo discs and pads and both rear disc cracked in two, try changing your pads and use good brake fluid my friend has done that and it hasant happend again. also try using your gears to slow down like the man above said

172 Cup
Also happened to me on standard Renault discs. 4 cracks each at 90 degrees to each other - looked like a manufacturing flaw to me.