ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cracked windscreen!!!

1.2 16v clio sport
Today a large crack appreared on my windscreen. What is the best way to get it sorted, I just looked at my insurance details (elephant fully comp) and it says there is a £70 excess on windows but if i claim does that mean that i will be paying more next year and will have to declare it?

Suzuki Ignis
Shouldnt affect your no claim bonus, you'll have to ask your insurance to be sure but it usually doesnt. Or that might just be for windscreen chippage repairs. £70 is alot better than what it will cost you to get a new one.

1.2 16v clio sport
just found this on the elephant website

Windscreen cover is included in Comprehensive policies only. You need to call our approved repairer - RAC Auto Windscreens - on 0870 243 6436 to arrange an appointment. Take your Certificate of Motor Insurance with you. If any glass is replaced, you'll have to pay an excess of £70. If you don't use our approved repairer the maximum we will pay out is £50.

so i take it shouldnt affect your no claim bonus

182 Cup
I had to claim twice in the space of two weeks and it didn't affect mine, paying the excess twice was s**t though. Best way to be sure is to call them, it might even state it on your policy.

Formally Clio 182
Same with mine. I had to pay out £75 excess as I use Tesco car insurance.

Got another crack right now. Been there for about 3 months though LOL.