ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cracking slightly on my MBP?

LY 182
So I've noticed this a bit before but tended to not bother about it. But being fussy like I am, it is kinda bothering me.

There's some fine lines that look a bit like a scratch but I know I haven't scratched it. Could be cracks I'm not sure but I know it's not something I've caused.

Hopefully this pic will show what I mean towards the bottom:

15hd0di.jpg

Is this a common problem or am I just being overly fussy?

Go cry to your momma!
See my reply in Chris' recent post about temp's mate - I had something similar, seems it's a manufacturing defect.

LY 182
Ah cheers bud. I need to get a cover for the MBP for when I'm going away next month anyway so I'll book a genius appointment and get a cover at the same time.

You mentioned about a heavy bracelet in your comment. I wear a light watch (plastic feel) and a couple of festival wrist bands, that's not the problem is it? I mean my hand position would be nowhere near there.

Go cry to your momma!
It's your right hand/arm that's always on that surface anyway dude. As it's a crack, it's a manufacturing fault. If it were scratches then I'd say different.

Strange that the "finish" comes off them when they're milled from ali'..they must apply a top layer of something.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's anodised Aluminium, it's not a paint finish so it's very hard-wearing.

That's a new top case, mate. Get yourself booked in. As long as there are not signs of abuse, they should replace that under Applecare.

LY 182
Thanks fellas.

Sounds straight forward. Was secretly hoping it would be problematic and they'd give me a new Macbook. *Grin*.