ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Craigyt’s Nuts Merc

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Had the first opportunity to go out in this bad boy last night. Craigyt’s OM606 turbo merc. It’s an absolute beast of a motor! Sounds and goes like a v8 and feels proper muscle. Going in for some tweaking of the timing and fuel today but should be comfortably running in excess of 350bhp when finished.

I want one. So much potential.

4545CE61-D2A8-4FD4-80EF-7F8576DC6617.jpeg
EAC220A5-3C7B-4263-AAB9-3CE6109821E2.jpeg
B6D02698-01EF-460E-8143-AEC7D8CF2D72.jpeg
7BEBA3D8-82F2-4699-B9D4-7CD270245F34.jpeg

106 rallye
Cheers jim!

I picked the car up from gatemouth in scotland with the dolly as it had an oil cooler/warmer problem. The car started as an n/a. The plan was to turbo the n/a to around 300whp.
Got it built and it lasted 15mins if that! 2 bent conrods.

Time for a new engine! Full turbo motor that have been proven to run well over 600bhp without being opened up. These are considered the 2jz of the diesel world!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
There's a guy round here with one of those in a jet boat. Its awesome. Black smoke erry where!

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I remember being in the pub about 5 years ago discussing and watching youtubes of OM606's with Craig.
He's finally done it - what a man (and machine).

106 rallye
Yeah run it as is, no intercooler at the moment, no real need for one on this turbo at that power. The turbo isnt working very hard at 2bar of boost so itl be fine. When the manual box goes on i will put a cooler on just to look cool!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
You need a slightly longer version of that with the car going into the distance using the panzerlied video music from battle of the bulge, that would be funny.