ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crank pulley bolt

spanky2000

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hi. Was searching for torque settings in forums for this bolt as I am replacing all belts and pulleys. Seems its a certain torque then an angle. Also suggested is 120nm (I think!). I dont have an angle gauge so I tried the 120nm. After about 100nm I felt the dreaded this is getting looser feeling. Eventually it snapped but it tapped around and out with a screwdriver quite easily. Threads still appear ok and the old bolt fits in fine. Set the dephaser at 125nm and torque wrench seemed fine.

Long story short. Nerves are shot now between this and trying to tension cam belt and get cams to keep aligned (using Renault tools). Can I reuse to bolt even temporarily?
Thanks!!

spanky2000

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hi. Was searching for torque settings in forums for this bolt as I am replacing all belts and pulleys. Seems its a certain torque then an angle. Also suggested is 120nm (I think!). I dont have an angle gauge so I tried the 120nm. After about 100nm I felt the dreaded this is getting looser feeling. Eventually it snapped but it tapped around and out with a screwdriver quite easily. Threads still appear ok and the old bolt fits in fine. Set the dephaser at 125nm and torque wrench seemed fine.

Long story short. Nerves are shot now between this and trying to tension cam belt and get cams to keep aligned (using Renault tools). Can I reuse to bolt even temporarily?
Thanks!!
The old bolt I mean. See how stressed I am??

dan's cast offs.
renault give a length for the bolt, if it's within spec it can be reused. not sure of length off top of my head sorry.

i've reused the crank pulley bolt on the wife's car three times so far and the sky hasn't fallen in:wink: