ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

crankshaft bearing?

clio 03 1.6 16v
the clio has been making some kind of like a knocking/rattle noise for the last couple of weeks, and ive been having occasional squeeling from what i tohught was the fan belt.. but ive been told it might be the crankshaft bearings on the left of the engine? thats kinda where the noise is comming from, so i was wondering if this would be the cause of the squeel aswell?
i tried to get an audio clip but just a bad sound quality!
thanks guys

The bearings wont squeel, things happen too fast and under too much pressure for a squeel.......

Rev the engine up and let off, if it knocks on the overrun then you can start thinking its the big ends. If its lasted a few weeks without getting significantly louder then I wouldn't of thought it was the engine bearings. Engine bearings dont stay in the middle for long, they are either fine or very very broken.

Squeel might be something simple like the clutch release bearing.