ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CRAP ALARM

has anyone else had problems with there 172 were by the sh*te alarm just goes off for no reason at all, its pissing me right off!!!

The only problem ive had is the f**king thing didnt go off when someone broke in! I personaly think all alarms are pretty pointless unless they did something trick like kill the offender. I will investing in some supaglass on my Cup.

Yeah mine does and doesnt too, sometimes it beeps a couple of times, i though maybe i left some window open but its never the case. Anyone care to enlighten us?

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 19 March 2003

The only problem ive had is the f**king thing didnt go off when someone broke in! I personaly think all alarms are pretty pointless unless they did something trick like kill the offender. I will investing in some supaglass on my Cup.
Someone once hooked there car upto the mains electricity. Killed the thief out right. Bloke got sent to prison for murder. Thing is, if the bloke hadnt been trying to thief it, he would have been perfectly fine. Its like the Tony Martin thing, if those blokes hadnt been in his house they wouldnt have been hurt.

Oh and whats superglass?

My alarm on my old RT is perfect. Sets everytime, goes off when you try and enter without switching off the alarm, goes off if the windows are open. Oh and the imobaliser works perfectly aswell. Not had a single problem with any of it. Never falses.

Paul

Supaglass is made by pentagon. Its that protective film that can take up to 5 minutes of getting kicked/hammered in. You can also tint it light, medium, or dark. As most incidents are usually one hit, grab and then leg it i think its a sound investment.

I thought the cobra alarms on the clio 172 where good
why dont you take it back to renault
or get a nice clifford fitted

Clio 200 FF

i had the prob with the alarm beep, sometimes it beeped 3 times when i locked it and sometimes it didnt. According to the handbook if it beeps 3 times the interior sensors are disabled? i had the car in the dealers and was told the alarm was wired up wrong???? they sorted it and its been fine since

There is a cool module for Cliffords.. £400 extra, BUT, it fills the car with dense smoke in about 10seconds or thereabouts - only way to clear it is too open doors.. So, what if an intruder opens the doors? It just keeps filling up (unless it gets disarmed)- Apparently, cant see your hand held up infront of face!

Daz.

Jesus christ mine has never beeped in its life, all that happens is that the centre light flashes!

How long are you supposed to press the button for I just press till the lights flash then walk away!! Is this armed...

I have noticed that it will beep if the doors or windows arent shut properly!

This is worrying!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 19 March 2003

Supaglass is made by pentagon. Its that protective film that can take up to 5 minutes of getting kicked/hammered in. You can also tint it light, medium, or dark. As most incidents are usually one hit, grab and then leg it i think its a sound investment.
Are we talking James Bond style? (think Tomorrow Never Dies in the car park scene)

Paul

Mine sometimes beeps 2 or 3 times when I lock it, but the dealer is too stupid to look at it properly.

It is only supposed to beep when you switch the ignition on/off twice before locking it to disable the ultrasonic sensors.

Craig.