ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CRAP DE-MISTERS

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Well whats the problem with using the aircon demister button ?

I mean if it works why change it ?

If you have had the aircon on and then you switch to heat next time you get in they have a tendancy to mist right up because the aircon removes moisture, but just hit the demist button again then put it back to normal and then its sorted.

Clio 1.6 16V

If we are talking 172s here or other variants with CC, at this time of year I just hit the re-circulation button. This automatically switches on the AC and gets the temp inside the cabin as quickly as poss to the CC temp setting. In the winter time the demist function also switches on the AC but chucks out max heat also. Either way, if the AC is on the moisture disappears in next to no time. I have noticed that the 172 tends to mist up at times under normal CCs settings, especially when first setting off on a journey.