ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crap exhaust, crap mpg??

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
The breakdown chap the other wk mentioned my exhaust was on its way out which I was aware of, however he also said it wouldn't help the MPG. Anyone heard that before? ? Its blowing a bit and is the original on an 05 182.

CLIO 182 CUP
If mine has a decat and a fault comes up with the lambda would that make effect the performance

​many thanks Adam

If mine has a decat and a fault comes up with the lambda would that make effect the performance

​many thanks Adam

Shouldnt do ive had a decat on mine for about a year ish and always ran it on super unleaded , MIL have never come on ! maybe a coincidence but when people run them on normal unleaded they seam to have the MIL come on, and people who run on super dont , maybe just the ones ive seen / heard though !

CLIO 182 CUP
It's not slow but the fault is comming up on the pre cat lambda sensor. Wich brings the engine management light on.

It's not slow but the fault is comming up on the pre cat lambda sensor. Wich brings the engine management light on.

Pre cat lambda could be faulty or covered in crap, thing is with no second sensor the engine doesnt have a value as to weather the cat is working obviously as it isnt !

Quick diag would be remove sensor and clean it up, could be fouled up, if the sensor is faulty try swapping it to the rear and plugging the front in to see if the fault moves position to the rear