ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

crash

hi, had a crash the other day and have been quoted £100 to get the car to the garage because it currently isnt driveable.
obviously i am unable to find out exactly how much and whats wrong with the car until i do that, however i dont plan on taking it to the garage until i have the funds to fix it all at the same time.

here are a few pictures i have taken, could anyone have a quick look through them and tell me what it looks like is wrong and what to expect when i take it to the garage.

http://img18.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=picture020t.jpg

p.s. the main damage seems to be with the drivers side wheel, the RAC said it looks like a bent whishbone when they came and collected me. I can turn the steering wheel and the drivers side wheel will stay put.

any replys are greatly appreciated!

thanks.

AK

M240i
I did something like that when i first passed my test.. went into & over a kerb lol left wheel stayed put when i turned the wheel and right one moved.

Insurance job it was £2500 odd quid was the total bill!

Can't you get it towed home by the RAC and then get it towed to the garage when you have the funds or whatever?

i have already had it towed home for £100, will have to pay another £100 to get it to a garage to properly inspect the damage + fix.

I did something like that when i first passed my test.. went into & over a kerb lol left wheel stayed put when i turned the wheel and right one moved.

Thats pretty much what has happend. Which parts were damaged and needed replacing if you still remember?

Arctic Blue FF 182
From the picture i think the following would need looking at and maybe replacing:

Wheel
Tire
wishbone
steering rack
suspension components
Arch liner
(wing?? Looked like it should be ok)

alien green rs133
wishbone
balljoint
track rod/end
driveshaft might need rebuiling, if the knuckles have come to pieces

will be drivable then

then rest is cosmetic
wing
arch liner
wheel

tyre is probabally more urgent like but if it holds air could risk it for a few week till funds allow

Clio MK3 Work in progress
My insurance compnay towed my car for free, will yours not do that. Unless your not fully comp, or you dont want to go through the insurance company?

I'm not claiming via insurance, to save my no claims. However I have full rac cover, however because the car is lowered they need to use a special truck which gas a standard uaeage fee of 100

Qashcow
i dont know how much you know about cars but id be getting my hands dirty and seeing whats bent then pop to renault and get some costs for parts. most of that will be unbolt and bolt new back on, except the steering rack if thats fooked, but even that isnt beyond anyone willing to get messy