ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***Crashed My 172***

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Bast*rd aint it. Horrible feeling. Lets hope the insurance aint too bad and another one turns up soon.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
£4k - f**k.

Id take that with a huge pinch of salt, despite the genuineness, i was told it was £2000 for a 172 front bumper to be put on the front of my car and that was from a renault approved bodyshop.

:lolup:

Given a 172 bumper is unpainted and in your mitt for circa £180-190 its fair to say that the price i got was a farce.

McCartneys do have an ok rep from what iv heard. Not sure the insurance will entertain another quote.

You could try and buy it back of course? Depends how bad the work is to the passenger side front wheel, as that looks like the biggest b*****d.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Aye chic i reckon there pricing it not to get it fixed by the sound of it.

According to what the lad said he reckons (all without looking properly ofcourse) That there may be damage to the gearbox also as the driveshaft took a pretty bad hit..

Renault parts are expensive aye but 4k seemed a litte over kill. Im definatley going to buy it back as the engine is still mint and will go up for sale along with other bits and bobs :(

Still gutting though, i just really hope my insurance isnt so bad that i cant get another :(

Cheers lads.

Dan

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
really gutted to see this mate, was a cracker at the RR day!

obviously its good to know your ok but again theres no point getting worked up about it, look at it as an excuse to move on, maby a ph2 (mine is for sale ;)) or something completely different!

also if you buy it back with intent in selling off the engine etc i may be interested in a "conversion kit" from you with engine, box, ecu etc etc

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
really gutted to see this mate, was a cracker at the RR day!

obviously its good to know your ok but again theres no point getting worked up about it, look at it as an excuse to move on, maby a ph2 (mine is for sale ;)) or something completely different!

also if you buy it back with intent in selling off the engine etc i may be interested in a "conversion kit" from you with engine, box, ecu etc etc

No problem mate, ill wait and see how this pans out and keep you posted?

Trully gutted, would have never got rid of it had this not have happened!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Get a pay out from the insurance, buy it back and Get Gally to fix the fcuker

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
mc cartneys are right accross the road from my work. all the motab work get s sent there, and from what ive seen they do a pretty decent job. but 4k seems expensive. they must be massibly over estimating things and pricing things which could be reuseable if you were fixing it yourself.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
mc cartneys are right accross the road from my work. all the motab work get s sent there, and from what ive seen they do a pretty decent job. but 4k seems expensive. they must be massibly over estimating things and pricing things which could be reuseable if you were fixing it yourself.

Really aye?

From what ive heard there pretty decent.

Like i said mate, i think there pricing it to not to have to do it.

The Phase 1 front bumper is somthing like £800 and thats without painting, no idea what two front wings,a headlight, driveshaft and track rod ends would cost. The guy also reckons there could be gearbox damage due to the hit the driveshaft took :(

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
also mind they will be pricing brand new parts from renault, if you used old, pattern or second hand parts it i'll be alot lot less expensive, as you said a ph1 bumper skin new is about 800, then include fog lights and surrounds, 2 wings with side repeaters, probably 2 head lights, bumper mounts and possible slam pannel, drive shaft, cv boots track rods, possible steering rack or hubs?, door skin/door? labour 14 hours or something silly, then paint must be the best part of a grand alone.
Mind they are pricing an insurance job so wil be milking it more than they would a regular customer pricing probably the worst case scenario because you cant really assess that kind of damage without ripping off the body panels and inspecting what you normally cant see. they migt also be including a new box or the cost to have it ripped to beit and the internals over hauled if thats the case might be pricing a clutch or fly. you'd be suprised at all that can break in a small prang.

Listerine & Poledo
bad luck there geez.

if the council really did clean the road, and there were 3 crashes there in 20 minutes, this should be told to your insurers, regardless of what the Police had to say.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
bad luck there geez.

if the council really did clean the road, and there were 3 crashes there in 20 minutes, this should be told to your insurers, regardless of what the Police had to say.

I did mate, like said, itll make no ends to my claim.

I just want this sorted asap:(

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Really aye?

From what ive heard there pretty decent.

Like i said mate, i think there pricing it to not to have to do it.

The Phase 1 front bumper is somthing like £800 and thats without painting, no idea what two front wings,a headlight, driveshaft and track rod ends would cost. The guy also reckons there could be gearbox damage due to the hit the driveshaft took :(

danny, bell up parks of east kilbride for the parts costs. I was shocked with the brand new 172 bumper i got in the bag with all the bits for £180-190.

:eek:

honestly, youll be surprised. Could be the best ten minutes you spend.:)

01355 266222

120d M-Sport
Nooooooo, just seen this thread. That sucks man, loved your Iceberg aswel :dapprove:

I hope you can buy it back and the insurance wont be too much mate. At least your ok thats all that matters :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Danny I done a quick estimate as per admiral on audatex and it's definitely a 4k repair give or take a couple of hundred quid, people underestimate how much parts painting and labour costs these days.

A garage will never over inflate an estimate to write off a car as 1 they need the work and 2 an insurance engineer will be out to go over the estimate with a fine tooth comb.

A company called Ben Miles might look at your car mate, if it is then i'll speak to the guy who inspects the cars.

Before you decide to buy it back have a look at what they will give you. If they give you 3k or something then I don't think you'll get that back selling the bits off it.

Some times they don't offer cash in lieu settlements also so don't get your heart set on it.

Let me know as soon as you hear mate, hopefully get everything sorted quickly. :)

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Danny I done a quick estimate as per admiral on audatex and it's definitely a 4k repair give or take a couple of hundred quid, people underestimate how much parts painting and labour costs these days.

A garage will never over inflate an estimate to write off a car as 1 they need the work and 2 an insurance engineer will be out to go over the estimate with a fine tooth comb.

A company called Ben Miles might look at your car mate, if it is then i'll speak to the guy who inspects the cars.

Before you decide to buy it back have a look at what they will give you. If they give you 3k or something then I don't think you'll get that back selling the bits off it.

Some times they don't offer cash in lieu settlements also so don't get your heart set on it.

Let me know as soon as you hear mate, hopefully get everything sorted quickly. :)

ben miles another wonderful ek company - 01355 222 121

;)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I had some Toyo T1R's on my Williams and in the wet or greasy weather they were lethal. I spun my old Williams in the wet and I was driving within the speed limit and not being a dick.

They are shocking tyres.

Clio 200
same thing hapened to me in my clio at the same bit mate luckily i managed to kee it out the barrier though all too frequent occurance there. soz to hear that tho

2010 Mazda 3 MPS
oooft man :( looks bad...i always tend to sit in the left lane there...think i'll stick to doing that! :|

hopefully insurance etc wont take too long to get sorted...

such a gutter

320d
Only just seen this. Realy sorry to see mate its a terrible feeling.

Hope it all gets sorted and you can get another.

I'd heard abuot your crash on another thread Danny, shitter mate, hope it all gets sorted out to your satisfaction. Your car was a perfect example of a ph1, gutting.

I drove the Tunnel daily for 4 years while at uni and know that road well, so can back up what you say: it ain't a bad corner at all and a crash at 30mph would defaintely NOT happen without some other factor such as s**t on the road.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Thanks alot guys, aye Ally ive taken that bend at mental speeds as i know the road like the back of my hand!

Ironic that should happen at 30mph :(

Be carefull guys, your luck can change in less than 10 seconds flat!!!