ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

crashed my car last night :(

Clio 1.4 16v (03)
was raining and roads were wet in the dark goin up a hill went round slight corner (was goin about 45-50 at the most) and over steered hit the curb lost control tyres poped i think and thats y i span several times or the tyres poped when i was spinnin, im not to sure but i wrote my little clio off :( passed my test a week ago had the car since may so lookin for another clio now. and i know your all goin to think 17 year old goin to fast what a D**K but im bein honest i was goin about 50 maybe was little to fast for the conditions but cant do nothin to fix it now :(

image4483ld.th.jpg
http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image4483ld.jpg

http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image4490xo.jpg
image4490xo.th.jpg

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6980/image4507ip.th.jpg]
image4507ip.th.jpg
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6980/image4507ip.jpg

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Could have been worse you could have collided with another vehicle injuring yourself or others! Learn from your mistake....

Clio 1.4 16v (03)
yea true im glad didnt hit know one or any thing glad i didnt roll it i broke my finger well chipped my knuckle or sommit :S but hey im still here

Arctic Blue Clio 182
Happened to me too mate 6weeks after i passed my test last year. Total downer on your drivin but you'll get over it. All the best with you new car when u get it and take it easy next time

Golf R/Leon FR
feel sorry for you dude but it'll make you slow down in the wet from now on. just be glad the accident wasnt worse than it was.
happy car hunting dude!!!

Hope its taut you a valuble lesson, and obviosly you were going way too fast or you wouldnt have binned it!

Audi TT 225 Quattro
oh well we all make mistakes, least ur ok. cars can always b replased we can't!!!

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
valuable lesson learned, lol.

Bet you atleast lifted off a bit going into or on the bend - choas in clio's in my experience.

Just put it down to inexperience. Who wrote it off? Insurance company, or are you just saying it's written off? It looks fixable at first glance - i've fixed one car in particular that looked worse than that at the front end. So long as the chassis isnt twisted, it could be worth repairing - and possibly using as an excuse to modify it (valver front end?).

If its just a bumper, lights and wings, then fix it! :) lol

Clio 1.4 16v (03)
lol yea i had one of my dads mate come round he owns a garage in the village and he pretty much said that its not worth doin it cud be fixed tho it would need 2 new wings, drivers door, lights, new radiator i think the sub frames twisted then wud need sprayin the same colour new wheels :( theres a big dent in the drivers side at the back

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro
Its probably a good thing to have a "small" accident like that! I had one and it was stupid but it was with another car and even though it was at 10mph it caused so many silly problems, taught me how easy it is to loose concentration! I'm a bit of an anal driver now when it comes to other people driving fast in the wrong situations, i go mad! whereas b4 id be like yeah rag it mate!! thats wot around 40k of driving does to u i suppose!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Always the best way to get someone driving properly. I had a bad crash about a year into my driving life and it's totally changed the way I drive. If anything I'm a bit over cautious but I'd rather be that way than dangerous.

Unlucky though mate, get something cheap and cheerful for the next 12 months I'd say just until you get your confidence back and improve your general skills, and then get something you can be proud of! :)

Ad

MK2 FRS
stu8v said:
Hope its taut you a valuble lesson, and obviosly you were going way too fast or you wouldnt have binned it!

The benefit of hindsight. We all make mistakes.

Hoep you get sort soon mate!!

Happened to me when I was 17 (way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth!) had been driving for about a month and totaled my Metro!

Good thing is that (touch wood) I have never had an accident like that since.

Its a learning curve and at the end of the day, any accident you walk away from isn't that bad.

Tough breaks mate. As Clarkson once said - every new driver should have an accident as soon as they pass their test.

Speed isnt really the issue mate, and as you've found out, once grip is broken you lose control very quickly and the car actually appears to speed up in whatever direction it's going in.

Bad luck mate but it happens to most of us at some point. Better for it to happen now than to end up like some knob BMW driver lording it up thinking he owns the road.

I rolled my mini upside down and facing the wrong way in a field within an hour of my first ever insurance poilcy starting - I was 17

Clarkson was right, and IMHO a good clean crash at an early age teaches a driver what actually happens when you lose control. Glad nobody was hurt in your case fella :race:

Last edited:

Cam

182 Cup
All true what has been said above, 3 weeks after passing my test i locked up into the the back of someone. I learn't my lesson early on and im glad in a way because you think your indestructable when you first pass your test untill you do some damage.

Elise/VX220/R26
I smashed into a wall when I was about 21 hit it at about 40mph and got major whiplash but yeah it deffo teaches you a lesson!

Bad luck fella, now I know your probably sick of advice but mine is, when you get the replacement try and get yourself on an organised trackday. This way you can learn the car and its limits (just because your on a trackday does not mean you have to drive at 100% all the time) Its the best thing I ever did with the 182 and it means I don't go anywhere near its limits on an open road. Just a suggestion fella, happy car hunting (that the good thing out of all this :) )

unlucky mate

at the end of the day though its only a car!

happens to the best of us, me included. lol

vee 6
^^^^^^^^ well said , i wrote my brand new 106 quicksilver off a month after getting it when i was 17 , stoved it into a concrete fence showing off to my mates , lucky no one was hurt, but i learnt alot that day and touch wood i havent had a prang in 6 years.

best thing to do mate is brush ya shoulders off and try get back on the road asap! my girlfriend had a head on crash in her clio and its made her petrified but like the others said we all make mistakes at least ur allright!

Clio 1.4 16v (03)
yea thanks for for the advice all :) been going to some garages today seen a R reg clio 1.2 done 115K miles tho but looks nice couple of dents £695 not sure yet ill keep lookin :)