ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crashed the Clio

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
Over steered and lost control of the car today and went in to the side of a Focus, lets just say the focus got off worse though :/ totally feel like s**t goes to show easily I can easily lose control of the car :( Lucky not much damage to mine.. His entire drivers door was done in from what I remember not sure how much it is going to be to repair.. Will be doing it outside of insurance.

Crash%201.jpg

Crash%202.jpg

Crash%203.jpg

I think you may need to go through insurance judging by the damage to yours and he came off worse. That looks expensive and if it's an older Focus that could be written off if it's a door.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Obviously those wheels wanted to leave the car - the poor thing!

Glad everyones ok though!

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
Lack of talent then? ;)

Hope it doesn't cost too much to fix.

Lol was a sharp bend and I mis judged it when changing down in to second gear and completely lost it, not too sure how tbh seems like a moment of madness looking back at it.

I think you may need to go through insurance judging by the damage to yours and he came off worse. That looks expensive and if it's an older Focus that could be written off if it's a door.

Hardly anything wrong with mine can do it all myself, its just his I am mostly worried about he is going to get a quote tomorrow, it was an 06 plate focus, crazy thing is my insurance is due up in 2 weeks time so really pissed off about that if it does go down the insurance route, got a quote for £2000 (up £1100 what it would of been if this didnt happen) so gonna budget around what would be cheaper over the next two years.

Now Sold :-(
Gear change corner overlap = crash.
Glad nobody was hurt.
Should have grabbed a pic of his damage for your records. Not unheard of for damage to get worse between crash and insurance inspection.

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
Glad nobody was hurt.
Should have grabbed a pic of his damage for your records. Not unheard of for damage to get worse between crash and insurance inspection.

Yeah big mistake by me with the entire gear change and steering, was so narrow as well so didn't help much.
Yeah thats what I am thinking of grabbing a pic but had to get to Neath for babysitting so its inconvenient on how this delayed us enough, the guy claimed I was speeding when my girlfriend in the car even said before it happened "Whats wrong with you today your going so slow" traffic was building up behind me and had a clear road ahead (was only a 30 road but notorious for mobile cameras hidden).

His car is in the bodyshop now getting a quote, he claims its the wing, front door and rear door, but we will see what the quote comes back like now.

172 Cup
How fast were you going? Shame you haven't got a pic of the damage to the Focus.

From the sound of things, I'd go down the insurance route too. On the up side, yours doesn't look too bad, especially if you can sort it out yourself.

1.2 Dynamique 16v
Yeah big mistake by me with the entire gear change and steering, was so narrow as well so didn't help much.
Yeah thats what I am thinking of grabbing a pic but had to get to Neath for babysitting so its inconvenient on how this delayed us enough, the guy claimed I was speeding when my girlfriend in the car even said before it happened "Whats wrong with you today your going so slow" traffic was building up behind me and had a clear road ahead (was only a 30 road but notorious for mobile cameras hidden).

His car is in the bodyshop now getting a quote, he claims its the wing, front door and rear door, but we will see what the quote comes back like now.

Sounds like it is going to be expensive, and that this is happening:

Glad nobody was hurt.

I'd be tempted to opt for the insurance route too.

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
How fast were you going? Shame you haven't got a pic of the damage to the Focus.

From the sound of things, I'd go down the insurance route too. On the up side, yours doesn't look too bad, especially if you can sort it out yourself.

Was probably going 15-20mph tops? On the road stuck to 30 all the way, he is saying I was doing at least 40 which is what I don't understand lol, the insurance route might actually be more costly..

I got a quote for £2000 (up £1100) plus there will be next years insurance which will probably add another £700-£800 on, the Bank of Mum will be paying for the damages to his car and I would be paying her back in instalments luckily enough.. Its a very hard earned lesson

Sounds like it is going to be expensive, and that this is happening:

I'd be tempted to opt for the insurance route too.
Just got off phone to him he is only concerned about the dent in the door(s) mainly.

1.2 Dynamique 16v
Lets hope he doesn't decide to go through insurance. People are known to change their minds when they've had time to think.

Hope the repairs are not too costly.

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
Lets hope he doesn't decide to go through insurance. People are known to change their minds when they've had time to think.

Hope the repairs are not too costly.

For mine I was planning on getting a RS body kit soon anyways so will be replacing the bumper and wings for that anyways. Hopefully the quote isn't too much from the garage for his repairs too, would be devastating if we had to go through that route.

172 Cup
Just goes to show how a small mistake could potentially have a devastating consequence! We're all guilty of it at some point though, it's all a learning experience. Just remember it could have been worse :)

320d
I know how you feel mate did a very similar thing in my 1.2 Clio. Big lesson learnt for me as well.

Put it down to experience and hope it costs as little as possible. It may sound stupid but having experience of having a bump, I think, can make you a better driver. It did for me anyway.

I don't get why he's letting you sort it out without going through insurance.

If you had hit me, I would have been straight on the phone... you have to report it within 24hrs.
As it stands there's nothing stopping you turning round and telling him to f**k off, and he'll not have any comeback outside of insurance.

350z, Subaru Legacy
I don't get why he's letting you sort it out without going through insurance.

If you had hit me, I would have been straight on the phone... you have to report it within 24hrs.
As it stands there's nothing stopping you turning round and telling him to f**k off, and he'll not have any comeback outside of insurance.

100% agree

Stripped yozza'd cup
Shifting down into second at 15 would not cause oversteer..... it will only do that if you have some serious engine braking, ie. were doing 40+

Do have shitty dithcfinder tyres on the back?

AJ-

'99 Clio 1.2 8v RT
I'd rather go through insurance if i was you. He's already claiming theres more damage to the vehicle than you said there was. What happens if he decides he's not happy with the quality of the repair? Do you pay for the repair to be rectified?.