ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crashed the Clio

Mk1 focus
Let him smash you up for the crack :bump:

If the doyle didnt ring the insurance straight away when he seen how bad the damage was, and like some one on here said you have to have it reported within (24hrs?). Delete his number.....

Clearly this was understeer not oversteer. As for not driving too fast, how else do you suggest you lost control if not driving too fast for the circumstances?

Clio 182 cup'd
Over steering a Clio at 15mph lol clown.

I don't see why people can't stand up and say "look guys, I'm a r****d, I spanked my car in to another car going round a bend too fast, s**t happens, I'll try not to do it again. I have learnt the hard way".

Or if you can't tell the truth, don't bother posting.

340i
When i was younger we crashed properly! Thats just a bump.

LOL! exacto....

My first Clio, passenger side and front completely destroyed!

Proper' job ;)

DSCF0013.jpg

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Oversteer is when the back steps out meaning the front should normally be on intended path... understeer is when the front steps out and [basically] you don't make the turn as tight as intended.

Now, unless that's a LHD car, and you're in Europe, I'm still not seeing the full picture of the situation.

Anyone else on my wavelength...?

340i
Going 30 and hit some oil? Or was it a giraffe in the road?

It was a drunk guy pulling out of a side street in a plastic pig....

IIRC he told the police I was doing 80mph across the high street and hit him sideways hahahaaaa!!

GTiR 394bhp
Mace you need to add in another (100% accurate) picture of the 360 spin caused by the oversteer which still enabled him to hit the car with his o/s front.

17" castors on the back?

Listerine & Poledo
Mace for official CS illustrator!

Photoshop can GTFO! Google Street view and iPhone 5 FTW!

Just noticeed the "Similar thread" box below, can we set-up a sticky thread of "I destroyed another clio" instead, it'll cut down on what are, when all said and done, just another strain of repost ;)

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
Tidied the car up a bit for now until I can get a new wing and bumper..

repair.JPG

Why do people assume I am making up lies on here? It was a genuine mistake on my half I am not 100% entirely sure what happened but all I know is I dropped in to second gear while I was steering and hit the kerb on a sharp bend and tried to correct it and ended up hitting this guys car on a narrow road, first mistake for everything decided to go down the insurance route though because there is apparently over £1700 worth of damage to his car plus he needs a hire car while his is in for the repairs so cheaper to just get insurance raped.

1.2 Dynamique 16v
£1700 worth of damage?

I thought you said you had just hit his front door? What else is he claiming is wrong with it?

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
Lol my mrs isn't ginger :p and they said the door frame needs repairs, plus labour, parts, and a whole respray of his drivers side because apparantley it is all marked