ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crashed :(

1.4 16v Clio
Last night on my way to drop my mate off i hit the kerb pretty fast, the drivers seat airbag went off and the car totally cut out. we struggled to push the car off the road as there was a lot of rubbing coming from the wheel arch. I couldn't get the car to start at all so i got it towed.

I'm just wondering really if anyones had a similar experience cos im not getting the car until late tonight and havnt had a good look at the damage. Dont know what to expect in terms of repairs, im absolutely gutted tho.

Any help/advice appreciated, Thanks.:(

Da

Less
Fuel inertia switch probably activated cutting fuel to the engine.

Seat airbags can be had pretty cheap but you'll also need a new airbag computer (pricey) and a new sensor which I believe is in the sill somewhere.

Which wheel did you hit, front or rear?

1.4 16v Clio
thanks for the quick replies. I cant get pics up im afraid because the cars not getting dropped off till later but ill take some then. It was the front left wheel.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Unlucky mate, as long as you're ok.

Seems like there has been many incidents happening recently, whether its the weathers fault, or the driver fault, everybody, be careful. Drive safe.

Clio 1.4 16v (03)
like daz said the fuel switch prob cut off so open ya bonnet and press it back in its on the right hand side i think, then u will be able to start it dunno if u would be able to drive it tho if ya wheels that bad

gutted bud :(

o yea have u got a sunroof???? if so got any dents around it usually at the back of it if theres goin to be any that ant a gd sign if ya have mate

atleast ya ok tho

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I think the weather is definatley catching a lot of people out

Unlucky man, good luck with insurance etc

I think so too.

Went into my local Renault body shop repairs two days ago, and it was packed full of cars, it was unbelievable how many cars were there, even all the customer parking spaces were taken up by damaged cars.

DRIVE SAFELY :)

J

JACKO CUP 172!

seen another fello cliosporter do his car today!!!!not good. defo be carefull!!!

BMW M135i
Get a new seat and the airbag computer does not need replacing (renault airbag manual says its good for 4 detonations) the computer can be reset for £60 search for it on ebay.

The real problem comes from what suspension/chassis damage you've done.

If your going through the insurance then leave them to it, its there problem now.

ph1 172
i hit a kirb pretty hard a month or so ago. airbag didnt go off but i had to get a new front wheel, subframe, and wishbone. also the other front wheel is abit buckled so will be replacing that. cost me £1300ish to fix it.

think it was £150 for a new wheel,
£350 for subframe,
£70ish for wishbone,
and about £550 for labour!

Less
i'll just add another got to be really careful out there guys. What with the sun being really low in the sky.
I'm driving a 182 from glasgow to lincoln next weekend!