ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

crashed :(

Crashed my car last night :cry: hit the curb pretty fast! Under steered around the bend straight into the curb, Its cracked the front right alloy, badly scuffed the back one, bent the wishbone, scratched the front bumper and cracked the wing its also set the side airbag off. Ive not had chance to have a proper look yet as its still at the side of the road but hope I’ve not done anything structural! Ill have a proper look once I’ve found a trailer big enough to get it home on!

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

thats bad mate

im gettin mine sorted after similar accident!

Ill warn you now the airbag will cost close to a grand to get fixed!! Where you based tho cos i have a friend that can can do them a little cheaper!;)

Also get the front subframe checked i thort mine was fine but on closer inspection was very slightly bent!

Not tryin to make things worse just forewarnin ya.

Hope it get sorted v.soon

TDI tyre shreader

My mate managed to set the side airbags off when he did a similiar thing to his clio the bill was massive to replace the seats, try to get a chair from a breakers rather than renault because they will pull your pants down

this is the suspention strut, has it torn at the top or should it be open like that? Im going down the breakers tomorrow to get a new wishbone and maybe a strut but i think the rest should be fine. Probably replace my seats with some clio/megane ones from a breakers.

Volvo S60 T5

Quote: Originally posted by pro1 on 31 July 2004

this is the suspention strut, has it torn at the top or should it be open like that? Im going down the breakers tomorrow to get a new wishbone and maybe a strut but i think the rest should be fine. Probably replace my seats with some clio/megane ones from a breakers.
It should all be intact with no cut-out, how fast was u going?

hit the curb at about 40 i think. the reason the front of the alloy is all scraped is because i had to drag the car down the street out of the way but its still pretty bad.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

have you checked the subframe?

I done something similair and give it an awful kink where the back of the wishbone attached. The result was a new subframe at a cost of almost £200 and a lot of stife fitting the b*****d. Took me an my father a few hours getting it to fit as we didnt have lift and had to fit it on our backs :mad:

Quote: Originally posted by pro1 on 31 July 2004

does anyone know how to get the front bumper off? i cant see the bolts holding it.
First remove the two bolts underneath the car at the front.
Then the three Clips and two bolts around the inside of the innder wing protecter (ie arch).

Then theres another bolt under ther to remove.
Then the 4 clips holding the bumper to the arch (to get to them push the bumper downwards).

Then the last clips are near where the bonnet catches is.

Sorry to to hear about the accident I did the same sort of damage to my car a while back cost £4k to fix although I went though the insurer and there was a load of broken bits.

ahh right ill have the front bumper off tomorrow then cheers edde! Well i found a wicked place for parts, a new wing for £20 and a new wishbone for £30 bargain! http://www.gsfcarparts.com/http://www.gsfcarparts.com/ Decided ditch my standard seats and put buckets in cos itll be cheaper than replacing the standard with airbags. Got a compressor at work so ill have a go at spraying the wing up. Im just hoping the sub aint twisted, it looks fine but it could have a little kink in it :confused:.

looks like the same thing that i done, mine was an insurance job. It wouldnt even start up, just kept stalling. As long as youre alright mate, cars can be fixed etc etc Weve all done things thatve cost us alot of money ;)

Damn shame - lucky u are ok - the really worrying thing is that you hit the right hand wheels on the kerb!!!!! Thats not called understeer, thats called the wrong side!:eek:

I so so feel for u, i crashed my bfs car last monday!! Managed to wreck the whole car, but i wont get into that again.

Nice to c ur ok, seems like we were both lucky!!

Jem

Did almost the same thing in my Car last week - Insurance is moving towards "write off" because the damage to the subframe etc.... oh well.

Sorry to hear that pro1 :(

still least you are ok as everyone else has probably said :)

cant believe the state of that wheel :s !!!

Stil hope it all gets sorted out fella

Vix :)

Put my car back together last night, pulled to the right a little.... thought itd track out. Took it to the garage today and it turns out the front subframe and rear stub axel are f*cked.

Now its got expensive :(

Mini Cooper S sport

Oh nooooooooooo..

Gutted for you.... :-(

Cant believe the wheel etc ended up such a mess - I guess you cant hit a kerb that hard without doing some real damage.

Glad youre OK though..

Not a Clio

bummer.

had a close call like that few months ago, came round a bend doing 40ish and totally lost it. One minute im going the right way the next im looking at the curb on the right of the road and the car is almost sideways then im facing the other curb and then finially i realise whats going on and somehow manage to get out of it. Things happen so fast. I was lucky in that nothing was coming the other way :S

Id taken that bend at 40, hundreds of times so there must have been something on the road.

good to see youre thinking positive. hope you get it back on the road soon mate.

Mercedes AMG GLE 53

www.cliospares.co.uk">www.cliospares.co.uk try these for parts. Next day mail order. They are based in wolverhampton.

Dave

leon cupra R

unlucky mate, i did the same but on hit the curb at 15mph but still had to replace the alloy due to it being f**ked

Petrol Blue 182

i did same thing i hit a kerb in mine sent airbag off in seat was gonna cost loads to fix ,then my car gearbox split and completely f**ked nxt thing took it to renault they said its gonna cost loads to fix so claim off insurance saying u crashed it,so i did,and wi car only being 8month old i got a brand new one on insurance!!!

itll teach me going to fast i guess :p

Trading it in soon as its done, thinking of gettin a mini coop not sure yet though.

I remember a couple of years ago i crashed my renault 5 gt turbo down marsden, into a curb at about 50 mph, done a lot of damage, car was offraod for about 4 weeks, had to get the insurance to fix it, it was tocuh and go as to wether they were going to repair it as the car need to be put on a jig or somthing not sure how you spell it, but i kno its were they straighten the chasis