ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

creaky front suspension

BMW M3
Yeah... had this one mine. Seems a common fault. Something to do with the stuts or something. Renault fixed it under warrenty for me.

Renaultsport Clio 182
Sounds like the problem I've been having on my 182. When turning on a small mini-roundabout, I get a creaky type sound.
Just a case of taking it to the local Renault dealer and letting them sort it?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
not sure, I haven't had my car done, because for the trouble it causes me and the risk of having Renault damage my car, I've chosen not to have it done, I believe they remove metal from the top of the strut mounts or something

black golf v6 4 motion
they don't do that now apparently i was told they use rubber seals to absorb the movement in the struts so mine is bowt 50% better but not fixed. may try a different dealer

Hmm.. Does this sound like my problem??, say if im reversing out of my drive and as I turn the wheel to full lock then the car bumps down onto the road very slightly, there is a really loud squeeking and a kind off clunk noise this is really loud and only ever comes from the drivers side???????????????

Rob.

black golf v6 4 motion
nah mines different yours is suspension mount i think mine is mainly driving forward and only on full lock or very close to front lock still not fully resloved

Clio 197
A bit of copper grease on the inside rim of the turrets has sorted sorted it out for me... No need for grinding (unless your name is fred, lol!).

Clio 197
oooo! Dirty ol man! You havn't met my ex g/f have you?

There was a girl called Dany, Who liked to grease up her....

Mine sometimes does this when reversing off the drive - sometimes going forward too.

I'm not bothered about it. Cant be arsed to let a dealer dismantle my suspension.