ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Creeking Noise- Any ideas?

This first came about a few days ago. Driving along slowy on a high street and could heer a slight creek/whining in the steering if a moved the wheel from side to side. Didnt thin kmcuh of it at the time.

It came about again yesteday and now again this morning. Same situation as above but the noise is a little louder. If i turn the radio off i can hear it quite badly.

Not got many dieas as to what it could be but any suggestion muchly appreciated. Dont want the problem to get worse. I thought it may be the PAS levels which i thought were low a week or so back. I looked inside the bottle and it seemed above the min level.

Thanks in advanced for help.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Front outer antiroll bar bushes they dry out. Take em out and lightly grease em or swop em only bout 12quid from reno if iremember correct .

Ph1
Lube the bushes and top mounts as mentioned. Shouldnt need to take anything apart unless really bad. Dont lube with WD40 either as it drys rubber out

Right thanks for the help folks.

As im a bit of a novice still to my 182, esp under the hood can anyone post a pic of what/where i need to do the above.

Would really appreciate it.

ClioSport 172 Cup
I fitted powerflex bushes on my anti roll bar, inner and outers. I even greased the outers and i still get creaking, but it is only really noticeable as you approach right hand down full lock, it doesnt happen left hand down. I think the anti roll bar might be out of line slightly, bias towards the passenger side as the drivers side bush was struggling to line up to the bracket. should it not correct itself over time?