ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Creeky noise when pulling away

Clio Sport xxx
Hi all,

Lately my car has developed an annoying creeky noise when i pull away from a stand still. I have also noticed a very similar squeeky creek when i go over speed bumps. I'm assuming it could be chassis/suspension related, and it sounds as though it's coming from the rear half of the car. Its has more recently been noticable when braking at slow speeds too, but is much less apparent.

Anyone had this problem? Any ideas? Cheers

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
front outer front anti roll bar bushes mate thats whot mine was same noise worth tryin them first they only cheap bout £12 pair i think or try greasing old ones first.

I

invisible man

Have the same with mine, it's the rear exhaust mount that's perished a common fault across the clio range, according to the local renault mechanic. Get somebody to sit in the back and go slowly over some speed bumps, if they can here a knocking or banging noise along with the squeek that will be the zorst moving around. New mounts cost around £25 and it takes no more than a few minutes.

Clio Sport xxx
Dont think its the exhaust mountings as i only done these a couple of weeks ago. ARB bushes and top mounts seem the most obvious thing to check.

Whats the best way to check ARB bushes and, in particular, top mounts on a 172?

Cheers

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I found mine by lying listening by front wheel arch and getting someone to push down on wing could hear the noise comin from arb bushes .

Clio Sport xxx
Assuming the problem is either ARB or wishbone bushes or topmounts, can anyone tell me if the repaire work will be covered under a Renault used car extended warrenty?

Cheers

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
check in the faults section, there is a massive thread on it

not sure anybody found what it was...deffo nowt to do with the zaust

mine disappeared when i fitted coilovers and solid topmounts,

Clio Sport xxx
check in the faults section, there is a massive thread on it

not sure anybody found what it was...deffo nowt to do with the zaust

mine disappeared when i fitted coilovers and solid topmounts,

I've just looked through the entire faults section and couldn't find anything on a) this particular problem i have, and b) anything about whats covered under warrenty :S Where are you looking???