ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise Control Fixed! Traction Broke

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted the airbag ring I got from sutts autos today and the cruise now finally works.

But, now the serv and TC light come on. They dont light up immediately, but as soon as the wheels have started moving then they do.

Is the ring faulty I got from sutts autos as i wouldn't have thought it should effect the TC. Especially as the airbag light goes out/horn works also.

Any ideas?

Da

Less
Escellent news on the CC Mike :approve:

Gutted about the other probs though, is the ABS light not on also as that would signify brake pedal switch problem?

I doubt the airbag ring would affect ESP to be honest.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I thought the same about it not effecting the esp but i'm sure chrispyclio had a similar problem.

Nope ABS light isn't on, break and clutch pedal switches are both new too.

Off to NWP on Tuesday so will hopefully get it on their diagnostics if i still haven't found anything out.

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Stuck my RST on and got the following. Tried to erase and refresh but they came back on again after the wheels started moving.

Anyone know specifically what the code means?

rst.png

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Its fixed :D

I had presumed the airbag ring was a true slip ring and turned infinitely, and after speaking to ryan @ NWP I thought i would just have to get it reset again as the ecu thought the car was turned due to the position of the slip ring.

Last night i was just messing with the old one and turns out it is on a ribbon and has a centre position. Whipped the wheel off this morning and set it to centre (it was 1 turn out which meant i could full lock as the ring turns 2.5 turns from centre either way).

Anyway now it works fine, cruise works and everything, first time since i got the car that it has all completely worked (grasps wood tightly)