ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

crunchy/scraping head noise

Fired up my valver for the first time in a 5 months. Beside 3 inch deep water sat in the footwells, mould growing on the dash, seat belts and everywhere, stench of mouldy water, theres this horrible noise coming from the engine.

It sounds like its coming from the top of the head, a scraping/crunchy/metalic noise like its got no oil in it(which it has). Very like an non-lubed bearing wizzing round in there. or some moving part which isnt lubed properly. Any ideas anyone?

I can only think/hope cam belt tensioner? but in all honesty it sounds raw. Im in the process of restoring this little beast into, what i hope will become a beautiful track wagon.

cheers.

The sunroof leaked and from the heavy rain, somehow a lot of the water seaped through the car, down into the footwells. So Yes, it is actually that wet.