ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS I need your help - Find me a decent project car for under £700

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As per title,

Quite fancy a nice project car preferably a small hatch. I was thinking a PH1, 106 GTI maybe?

Finding hard to find a cheap PH1.

Any ideas?

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  NOBLE M400 + TOYS +
As per title,

Quite fancy a nice project car preferably a small hatch. I was thinking a PH1, 106 GTI maybe?

Finding hard to find a cheap PH1.

Any ideas?

cat d also;

copart;
Lot # 17674992

low miler

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  NOBLE M400 + TOYS +
tempting that but can i find out if it has tax/mot?

no tax as been refunded but has 4 months MoT left, u could turnup BLAST back home in it (avoiding recovery fees) & tax it down the local postoffice as they got logbook

Last edited:

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
15   0   0
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Buy my 172 for a grand! It's cheap as anything at that price. 11 months mot, 5 months tax, new brakes and tyres etc! In the for sale section.

Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  LY Megane R26 230
Can have my cup for a grand.also know of a 106 gti for 450 quid local to me.or i may be tempted to part with my S1 106 rallye for the right amount ;)

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If you can collect tomorrow you can have my phase 1 which owes me double that (as thats what I paid for it a month or so ago and have spent the same since on tyres, 12 months mot and new belts and cams etc) for 700 quid:

(its the one with wheels on still, lol)
IMG00016-20120611-1345.jpg

Its got a set of 2ndhand engine dynamics cams fitted yesterday by Mike from MWM, including all new belts and tensioners etc.

Only if you collect tomorrow though, if it doesnt go tomorrow I will be breaking it as its worth miles more than that but if it could be gone tomorrow before I pick up my new car (which im going to fetch on saturday morning) then it would mean I could bring my new car straight home rather than taking it to my mates place to store till this one is gone.

Its in taunton in somerset.

Needs mapping for the new cams (which really want a decat and exhaust to work well), few minor scratches etc, idle hunts around a bit sometimes, 120K miles, but fundamentally a really good little car and with the reassurance of the new belts and tensioners etc its not something that would normally come up at the money you want to spend of course.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I will be claiming the tax back at that price but it does have Tax on it if you want to pay to keep it on there, it has 11 months MOT as I put it through an MOT a month ago or so when I bought it.

Also has 4 new tyres.

Bad points I can think of:
few minor scratches
missing engine cover
6500rpm limiter is active (cts probably as its got a new thermostat)
needs mapping for the cams
missing rear wiper arm
steering wheel is all peeled away

Its actually a really pleasant little car, its only cause I have been made an offer I cant refuse with a different phase 1 that its going, I was going to have it as a project car to bring upto the same spec as our phase 2 so I could chase the mrs round tracks in equivalent cars like me and Mike from MWM were doing at bedford recently in his phase 1.

Its near london with me currently, but I will be leaving in a few mins to drive home to Taunton, so it will be there about 9pm or so, and can be seen anytime tomorow as I am working from home.

If its not gone tomorrow, then sat morning I am off to collect my new car and I will be breaking this one instead.

Last edited: