ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSS Saturday NW Convoy

I'm not sure who Joe was actually referring too. I just know that Debbie owns a Trophy and was at CSS today.

Did someone mention post count as well btw ;)

Feck! Hardcore b*****d, where do you work?

Airport for WHSmith. Hate it. A lot.
Just finished again, must have had 2 and a half hours sleep maximum last night! FML.

Drive home was fun crawling at 50 pretty much all the way, whilst avoiding mental swerving lorry drivers!
Managed 36.8mpg though, bonus!

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  09 astra 1.6 T
Had anyone noticed the title of this thread?
Only just seen it's wrong lol.
How we went from 17 cars down to just me and 3 others I dont know!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Had anyone noticed the title of this thread?
Only just seen it's wrong lol.
How we went from 17 cars down to just me and 3 others I dont know!

2 'saturday's?

Thats because when everyone got to that huge bend, the people leading caned it! No idea what happened to the people behind us lol.

I was texting matt to slow down when you dropped back a bit lol

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I got stick at the tolls as my card wasn't working. I managed to catch Chris, Edd and Rob up though after a couple of miles.

I led the convoy out of Stafford services, as I had my satnav on. I was then overtaken by Jon, Jamie and Rhys and I think Ash, they then proceeded to f**k off at 80+.

So me, Chris and a few others just let them crack on. At the tolls we were about 3 mins behind, but we never saw them after that.

Don't know what happened behind our little group. We seemed to get split into 3 by the time we got to Gaydon.

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  09 astra 1.6 T
Literally couldn't keep up and I you lot would have only been cruising at that speed lol. 65bhp is not enough

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I led the convoy out of Stafford services, as I had my satnav on. I was then overtaken by Jon, Jamie and Rhys and I think Ash, they then proceeded to f**k off at 80+.

So me, Chris and a few others just let them crack on. At the tolls we were about 3 mins behind, but we never saw them after that.

Don't know what happened behind our little group. We seemed to get split into 3 by the time we got to Gaydon.

i think i may have got infront of you then as i was just chasing any red clio i could see lol but i lost them

Literally couldn't keep up and I you lot would have only been cruising at that speed lol. 65bhp is not enough

lol i dont think i changed out of 6th the whole way :eek:

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  09 astra 1.6 T
I didnt even know if we were definitely going on the toll road and I was so far behind and it was busy I resorted to a few dodgy maneuvers to catch a glimpse. Thank god your car stands out enough!

That's right, I stayed at the back of your pack, then made the error of choosing a different toll to you all. There was two cars infront of me, but it took a good few minutes to get through - something wrong with the first car getting through, by which time you'd all long gone!

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
That's right, I stayed at the back of your pack, then made the error of choosing a different toll to you all. There was two cars infront of me, but it took a good few minutes to get through - something wrong with the first car getting through, by which time you'd all long gone!
Sorry :eek:

Was that you?! LOL!!

I absolutely booted it for a good few minutes and didn't catch anyone! Then, because maps on my phone decided it didn't want to work, I just stayed on the M6... lol. Had to pull in, re-install maps, then blast through Coventry. Horrible place.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Yep lol. My card wasn't working, so I had to wait for a women to come over. I booted it off for a while, although I had my sat-nav with me. Sounds like you had a little bit of a nightmare!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I didnt even know if we were definitely going on the toll road and I was so far behind and it was busy I resorted to a few dodgy maneuvers to catch a glimpse. Thank god your car stands out enough!

lol i kept seeing you darting around :p i tried to stay far enough back that you could see me but keep up enough to see matt in the ly200

I overtook Jon by accident then thought 'where the f**k has he gone?!'. No idea how I managed it! Was trying to follow you LOL.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I was getting pissed off with all the weaving in and out of lorries at 62mph so a few of us decided to take the toll instead of the shitty overpass tarmac over Bham.

Everyone then followed me :/

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep

Lol sorry for just shooting off me, aucky and jamie.d decided at stafford to take the toll. so shootted off plus around the over pass its 50mph at the mo.
and 77mph we would never speed on a public road:eek:

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I overtook Jon by accident then thought 'where the f**k has he gone?!'. No idea how I managed it! Was trying to follow you LOL.
I was doing about 90 an you came flying past on the inside just before the toll road. Never saw you again haha.