ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSS Survey - A few points to note.

WRX
Everything Admin had control of was superb to be fair.
I saw the hot food and grabbed a sandwich which was pretty good actually. The hot food looked awful, why did anyone go for it in the first place? As Don states, seems like people are moaning at the wrong people, if Gaydon would have had all these complaints they might do something about it next time. If nobody tells them they don't know!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I missed the survey, but my main input is that I would like a combined camping/show venue.
No idea how feasible this is though

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
bulls**t asshole, noone likes the tuna here

PMSL.

Award at CSS13 for worst survey reply?

It's a bit off that Gaydon won't let you choose the caterer, never come across that before.

I missed the survey, but my main input is that I would like a combined camping/show venue.
No idea how feasible this is though

Short of holding CSS on a campsite, simply impossible. You could ban alcohol, but people might end up doing what happens at Bathurst and burying crates of beer in the campsite a week before the event.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Good luck. Let me know nearer the time and i'll do a run.

Good Luck...you've seen Mandy...she wont take s**t off anyone. Rockingham 2007 fcs...we had a big bbq that the West Mids supplied...and a couple from outside the area (john182rs nicking his neighbour's table!) and we had that going for most of the day...I'm sure Mandy would be up for it again....you never know (that is where I need to be wished luck!)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
It was well organised, my observations would be

lack of traders - just bad timing i guess

Poor food - the burger van last year was better.

Entertainment was tucked away slightly

Personally I'd be quite happy to pay £10 for a more involving event, could we not incorporate it into some sort of motorsport/track spectator affair? This way people would have something to look at all day. Not bothered about rides and that crap, if i wanted that I'd go to the fair.

I guess the problem is that if you put the prices off, less people will turn up.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
PMSL.

Award at CSS13 for worst survey reply?

It's a bit off that Gaydon won't let you choose the caterer, never come across that before.

Gaydon have their own catering company...so they wouldn't let someone else in...or would charge a fortune for them to do it on their turf. Its a captive audience so why wouldnt they? (again not the club's fault)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I just laughed stupidly loud at that in the office. So now I'm probably going to get sacked, thanks.

Sacked?!?!? You could walk in, s**t on the boss' desk, w**k onto a £10 note, try and use it to pay in the canteen and admit to the biggest fraud since Nick Leeson and still only get a slapped wrist.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
It was well organised, my observations would be

lack of traders - just bad timing i guess

Poor food - the burger van last year was better.

Entertainment was tucked away slightly

Personally I'd be quite happy to pay £10 for a more involving event, could we not incorporate it into some sort of motorsport/track spectator affair? This way people would have something to look at all day. Not bothered about rides and that crap, if i wanted that I'd go to the fair.

I guess the problem is that if you put the prices off, less people will turn up.

I agree with this. I'm guessing most people would love something Motorsport to keep them entertained during the day.

renault clio 172
Just wanna say the parking seemed to be a bit of a shambles, surely it would of been an idea to give parking areas to different regions.

Anyway great turnout, I came away with some great ideas for my motor. Onwards and upwards for CSS

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's not that kind of day imo. At CSS it's a club thing. With big days and motorsport etc people just stand and watch it without conversing etc.

CSS isn't that kind of day, it's a social thing more than anything.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I agree with the parking statement, but I think everyone should have been able to park wherever so they were next to mates even if they do drive a non clio shed.

I think everyone should have been able to park wherever so they were next to mates even if they do drive a non clip shed.

Agree with that. Not sure why I was sent off to a different side.

I appreciate organising of cars is impossible, but letting us park together would have been fine imo.

Did you notice the rain? Well rain and grass doesn't mix too well.

Just wanna say the parking seemed to be a bit of a shambles, surely it would of been an idea to give parking areas to different regions.

Pretty harsh when people gave up their day to organise parking.

How exactly are we supposed to do it?

Different regions isn't doable and all that does is separate people. We want people to talk to each other, people that don't normally meet. Not just stand next to the dudes they see every other weekend and ignore everyone else.

Colours/models/shapes/number plate size is all not possible when you have a big long queue of people waiting to get in.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Funniest part of the parking for me was old Hazmat (DaveDreads) being told by Saner to put his car on the other side...it was almost like he knew something pmsl

330i. E30 Touring.
It's not that kind of day imo. At CSS it's a club thing. With big days and motorsport etc people just stand and watch it without conversing etc.

That's the difficulty- you're never going to please everyone.

Many people would like to see some element of motorsport added in as it would provide a talking point. Also, it's a common interest.

With this amount of people, you're never going to please everyone.

I might make an effort to come next year.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Surely if a group of people or a region or whatever want to park together, all they need to do is turn up together and they will end up in a group by default, thats what happened with the south central convoy we joined anyway.

The costs when it involves a track go up massively and judging by how many people actually pay up when it comes to track time at FCS or even the RenaultSport days etc, we'd be massively wasting our time (and a s**t load of the clubs money) trying to set it up.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The costs when it involves a track go up massively and judging by how many people actually pay up when it comes to track time at FCS or even the RenaultSport days etc, we'd be massively wasting our time (and a s**t load of the clubs money) trying to set it up.

If people want to see a lot of CS cars on track, the burpspeed day at llandow would be a good chance for them to do so.

Edition 30

Cars are f**king boring anyway.

Id much rather talk about minge, beer and minge.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

See there you go with different people wanting difference things, I like drinking beer and poking minge but have no interest in talking about either TBH, would much sooner talk about engines etc

As already been said, you'll never please everyone all at once.

Edition 30
I'm semi joking Chip.

I love cars, everything to do with them. I might not know as much as the next car enthusiast but can hold a good conversation.

It's nice to speak to people with the same interests. I was happy talking about whatever, parking wherever and eating whatever. Life's too short too moan about a £5 once a year event!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

See there you go with different people wanting difference things, I like drinking beer and poking minge but have no interest in talking about either TBH, would much sooner talk about engines etc

As already been said, you'll never please everyone all at once.

Surely then CSS was a massive success because it included both. If it had been at a big track venue good chance I wouldn't bother. Watching Clios go round in a circle have never uninterested me more.

Edition 30
Surely then CSS was a massive success because it included both. If it had been at a big track venue good chance I wouldn't bother. Watching Clios go round in a circle have never uninterested me more.

Oh Kev <3 You've such a way with words.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I heart your face Tob's! It's true though, I love F1 but a track CSS has so little interest for me. We don't attract numbers like FCS etc what would be the point?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm hoping Sir Dave will eventually come! :(

hip will be in to tell me lots of people like trackdays. Point is he still turned up to CSS, surely shows it's a good balance. Chip maybe get involved next year and do a demonstration of some kind?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not necessarily talking about clios going round a track, but something to watch for an hour or so would be pretty cool. Take last year for example, when there was some sort of time trail event going.

Could you not have CSS somewhere with a go kart track? I'm sure a lot of people would be up for that.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Gally, I go to loads of trackdays already (got 10 coming up in the next 2 months for example), CSS was something different though, my Mrs enjoyed cleaning the car for it as she likes that sort of thing. in fact even I got involved a bit in cleaning up the engine bay with her to show off:

5ec7a29c.jpg

53281671.jpg

And we both had a chance to chat to lots of people on here we dont see often etc, Im not one of the ones who is calling for CSS to be at a track, I think that would be a mistake.

For something like ford fair which im going to this weekend and is massive a track works well, but for 300 people, only 30 of whom would want to be on track, it would just be needless expense for the club and for no real gain IMHO

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm not necessarily talking about clios going round a track, but something to watch for an hour or so would be pretty cool. Take last year for example, when there was some sort of time trail event going.

Could you not have CSS somewhere with a go kart track? I'm sure a lot of people would be up for that.

Thats another good idea!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
A go-kart idea is great but logistics might be a bightmare. If you were to have something like that, everything organised before hand with different groups etc would be best, nothing organised on the day.