ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSS Survey - A few points to note.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
  1. The Event started at 10:30, this was clearly communicated.
  2. Gaydon would/will not let us organise our own food, we were assured this year that the issues with the food last year would be addressed. However it has now come to light that last year people that filled in the survey had turned up on the day and not paid. Had we known this we would have carried over last years arrangements. I obviously understand that there were issues with food pricing and quality but its important to understand the restrictions we face. We do include a £2.50 voucher in your £5 entry fee.
  3. We invited traders, initially we were going to charge, but decided to waive the fee. For various reasons they didn't come - This is not our fault.
  4. The weather is out of our control.
Just wanted to clear that up.

Cheers Guys.

Last edited:
  172, Tiguan
5. Your £5/£8 entry ticket does, sadly, NOT pay for an entire amusement arcade/Bungee jump/circus/etc etc to turn up. Please let us know if you'd be willing to pay £30 each for this. No? I thought not!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
5. Your £8 entry ticket does, sadly, NOT pay for an entire amusement arcade/Bungee jump/circus/etc etc to turn up. Please let us know if you'd be willing to pay £30 each for this. No? I thought not!

On that note, the question regarding this was a little unclear.

If it said ''If there were many attractions/bunjee/funfair would you be willing to pay more?'' then I think you'd have got the answers.

But the question was: How much would you be willing to pay so we can only base that on this year and last years.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I was a little shocked when you told me about people not paying Tom. That imo is bang out of order especially with the day put on.

The cafe food was indeed the worst I have ever had in my life though. I think every single person I spoke to said the same thing. That's not a slant on CS more a pass me on to the Museum.

Was it Gaydon who supplied the van last year? Did they say that wasn't possible this year?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I thought the entertainment this year was spot on tbh. Looking at the rather bare leaderboards, however, I'm not too sure how many people took advantage of it. Whoever didn't have a go on Batack missed out!

LOL at moaning about the weather. Same thing happened last year iirc when people got sunburnt.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Was it Gaydon who supplied the van last year? Did they say that wasn't possible this year?

Well this is the issue, I think it was but because of the complaints last year we elected to try and improve the food by moving it to the bigger facility inside the museum. We were assured the food would be better quality. It wasn't and i can only apologise.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I got sunburnt this year! f**k my pale Scottish face!

Weather was reet, ffs it's Britain we live in!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I thought the entertainment this year was spot on tbh. Looking at the rather bare leaderboards, however, I'm not too sure how many people took advantage of it. Whoever didn't have a go on Batack missed out!

LOL at moaning about the weather. Same thing happened last year iirc when people got sunburnt.

They had to change the rules mate as so many people were using it, so they scrapped everyone over 2 minutes.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I just accept that car shows and museums and other captive audience venues are generally poor quality and high priced food anyway, didnt bother me at all.

Bring a packed lunch seems easiest option if people are fussed?

Was a good day out overall IMHO.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Leader boards were wiped loads of time and anyone under a certain time didn't get put on because they were running out of space and magnets.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
The thing is, by asking the question, you're going to get the answer.

If you hadn't asked about food, then I wouldn't have mentioned it. It's a car show, not a dinner party, but as the question was asked I felt the need to say "yeah, twas pony".

FYI, the prawn sandwiches (Tyler. had one) was nice apparently.

Oh and bungee jumping :eek:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Gotcha, didn't realise.

Yeah no worries, i came in and was like WTF. Then i asked the guy and he explained.

Rob; i know, but its nice to have some background issues to explain the challenges we face. It would just be nice if people could think a smidge before they submit that form. There's a worryingly large amount of people that didn't.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I thought the burger and chips were alright tbh. Pricey, yeah, but they tasted ok.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I thought the burger and chips were alright tbh. Pricey, yeah, but they tasted ok.

Were you stoned as f**k? My burger was so hard I could have smashed a window with it. Chips n salad were good though.

I just had a quick look. 4k.

The food was awful. People complained last year. So we complained and asked for an improvement. The only thing that went up was the price.

Bummer. I saw you ate the same amount of burger I did, fresh as those pants in the back of that corsa Ant had in.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Were you stoned as f**k? My burger was so hard I could have smashed a window with it.

Nah, too early for me. I was too busy having a romantic meal with Toby.

I laughed at Chris sitting down with a Snickers for lunch because of the price of the burger. Bladdy Northerners x

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Well this is the issue, I think it was but because of the complaints last year we elected to try and improve the food by moving it to the bigger facility inside the museum. We were assured the food would be better quality. It wasn't and i can only apologise.

Ah so people moaned about the van last year? I remember Dan mentioning that the food would be better this year. Not you guys at fault though. I can also understand the outside catering. There are companies who would do a barbecue thing with all the stuff (In a tent if the weather was bad). I was at an open day somewhere and they were immense. Again outside catering though.

I seen a guy take a bite out of a hot dog and leave the rest on his plate, then I realised it wasn't just me being fussy.

Bus w**ker

The food in Reading must be f**king awful if you thought that was alright, duck.

I laughed at Chris sitting down with a Snickers for lunch because of the price of the burger. Bladdy Northerners x

PMSL he did pay £16 just to walk through the museum so that he didn't get his hair wet or shrink in the rain though.

Anyway, I did quantify my remarks about the food. If someone from CS had been cooking it then I wouldn't have.

I would be willing to pay more. I also spoke to Luke who said he was keen to sort CS own food (which Gaydon did not approve). This would be great in future.

Re: Entertainment, I mentioned autosolo, but I also took the time to justify the logistical/marshalling and H&S nightmare that would clearly come along with this. I completely understand that this is highly unlikely to ever be feasible, unless it was at a venue where "track/autosolo time" could be sold separately and marshalled by the hosts.

Re: Everything else, spot on bar the weather which you have no control over.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Sy i know you did, food feedback is fine. But i just wanted people to know the background.

Originally in pre-planning for last year we had a BBQ company coming along.

They were going to do fresh organic burgers/hotdogs/salad and a hog roast all for a fairly decent price that we'd have covered and you'd all have got free food.

But they wouldn't allow it and in reality, giving you guys a £2.50 voucher cost us more.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
that was only because he paid £8 to get to the cafe through the museum. I had a pizza and chips, was vile tbh. £7.20 or something

for £5 the day was spot on, its hard to make it less like a bigger KK meet when esentially it is. tbh id like to see a more VW style show, camping and show all together, basically park your cars up and camp behind them, big BBQ, small bar... jobs a gooden

In fairness CSS is still very new, it's fair to say I'm sure everyone appreciates it will have it's teething problems.

We all appreciate the work put in by every single one of the Admin/people who were setting up and shutting down.

But if you post up a survey, we will give honest answers. The food was bloody awful, but we know that isn't CS's fault. The entertainment seemed bang on, can't see what people had to complain about that. And price wise, considor how much Trax is, and CSS looks pretty good value to me.

Bus w**ker
But if you post up a survey, we will give honest answers. The food was bloody awful, but we know that isn't CS's fault. The entertainment seemed bang on, can't see what people had to complain about that. And price wise, considor how much Trax is, and CSS looks pretty good value to me.

You're still new to CS really, you probably don't appreciate just how many f**king retards will have expected that CS can control the weather let alone a sub contracted caterer. I'd say I'd like to see the responces to the survey but I'd not be as restrained with my comments as people have been about the answers lol.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I'd love to post some of them up. Some of the responses are infuriating

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
hahahah post post post :p

all in all, admin have done a top job :d and we thankyou for that :D

You're still new to CS really, you probably don't appreciate just how many f**king retards will have expected that CS can control the weather let alone a sub contracted caterer. I'd say I'd like to see the responces to the survey but I'd not be as restrained with my comments as people have been about the answers lol.

LOL suppose so :(

Oh well, I thought it was a brilliant day, and it will take many more CSS's to fix little issues.

Also worth noting, you can never, ever please everyone in this world.

We've all had all sorts so far.

Complaints about the raffle time, the awards time, the parking, the weather, the lack of traders, the location, the opening time, the closing time, the museum, where we put the entertainment (don't worry about thousands of pounds of electric stuff being outside), the lack of things to do outside, not knowing who people were, Admin not talking to them etc etc.

We understand people moaning about the food because it tasted like Scotland in a bun.

Inferno 225 cup
No free bar, food was awful, rained a lot :)

Joking aside yeah the (BURGER) wasn't nice but the chips was decent, and CS did give a free £2.50 voucher in with the ticke which makes it a little better, we're not stupidly rich folk eating caviare so why the f**k is people moaning?!? We went for CSS and the turnout was awesome.

I didn't chat to a lot of the admin or members on here because I was to busy with my son but you all looked great guys/girls, surely the food didn't ruin the meet??

It didn't for me, and the entertainment was awesome that Batak thing I went crazy competitive on to get 85 :)

Cheers admin team and members for a great day!!

Punto/Clio GTT
paid £9 for burger chips n a coke.

i ate all of it on principle that it was £9 and nothing was going to waste and the fact i hadnt had any breakfast!

next to me and matt on the table there was 2 plates with most the chips still on and 2 bites out the burgers, what a waste lol

we could have done the CS Olympics or something? i dunno, kinda hard to do things outside in the rain i guess

Everything is our fault.

Baffling!

The only thing that CS itself could have made better was a better venue that allowed self catering.

Having said that I totally understand it's a logistical nightmare to do self catering. To compound that, I imagine finding a venue that allows self catering, and is as well served by the motorway system as Gaydon is, is probably a right pain in the arse!

Haters gonna hate tbh.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
The food in Reading must be f**king awful if you thought that was alright, duck.

PMSL he did pay £16 just to walk through the museum so that he didn't get his hair wet or shrink in the rain though.

You know me, I'm easily pleased. Hence hanging about with you lot all day.

Lol! Didn't know that!

Still can't believe what people moan over. They'll complain about anything. I may as well have a moan about me and Sy getting lost on the way to camping. Lol!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
We'd have to airfreight everyone to Disneyworld for a 2 week all expenses paid trackday at the on site nascar track with food from the Roux brothers to get good feedback.

But we could charge £10 for that. So that's promising, we'd only need to raise membership to £9235.