ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSS Survey - A few points to note.

Bus w**ker
I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable and legal excuse for that. I had Toby to keep me company, albeit in another car and with no way of communicating with each other.

White clique
Christ, reading through some of this you'd think people want the moon on a stick.

I suspect some of the plebs who moan are the same ones who apply to be regional reps or admin, seems to be the way on here sometimes!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Christ, reading through some of this you'd think people want the moon on a stick.

I suspect some of the plebs who moan are the same ones who apply to be regional reps or admin, seems to be the way on here sometimes!

I reckon the guys complaining are the blokes who sat in their car all day playing on their iPads. Genuinely saw that, too.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I didn't attend this but I'm not sure that slagging off people that did attend is the best way to make it successful next year.

No, it wasnt free. A burger worked out to around £5.

I haven't read the whole thread but I've read a load of food winging and got to this and felt the need to reply

WHUT??

With our £2.50 off vouchers me and Leah ordered a plate of chips, a bottle of water, and a burger and chips. It came to about £5 which is the cheapest food I've had at a car show in 10+ years.
The burgers had been sat keeping warm so the bacon and cheese had gone hard and was hovering about an inch above the burger but it was still edible. The chips were fresh and superb. The water was cold. In all honesty for how little I paid if I'd had to put the burger in the bin I'd of still been happy. The plate of chips was HUGE.

I understand £5 of this came from Cliosport - but the personal cost to myself was f**k all!

I honestly can't understand the complaining. The quality of cars was spot on, we got some free tickets into the museum so wandered around all that for free. The food was edible and insanely cheap. The f1 simulator was a right laugh - and unlike every other show i've been to all the entertainment was FREE

I'd rather do CSS than FCS every day of the week. It cost me about £45 including the fuel to get there and back. FCS cost me about £250 because I had to do a hotel (because it was on a sunday and we have to be in at 6am) and the track time is, as always, suicidal. CSS left me enough cash left over for a proper track day :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I haven't read the whole thread but I've read a load of food winging and got to this and felt the need to reply

WHUT??

With our £2.50 off vouchers me and Leah ordered a plate of chips, a bottle of water, and a burger and chips. It came to about £5 which is the cheapest food I've had at a car show in 10+ years.
The burgers had been sat keeping warm so the bacon and cheese had gone hard and was hovering about an inch above the burger but it was still edible. The chips were fresh and superb. The water was cold. In all honesty for how little I paid if I'd had to put the burger in the bin I'd of still been happy. The plate of chips was HUGE.

I understand £5 of this came from Cliosport - but the personal cost to myself was f**k all!

I personally thought the food was fine for the money as well mate.

Its probably the ones that still live with mummy that are moaning. At least they'll bring packed lunches next year with chocolate spread sandwich's or something.

Its probably the ones that still live with mummy that are moaning. At least they'll bring packed lunches next year with chocolate spread sandwich's or something.

Yeah I've eaten a LOT worse at shows - I'll agree it was a bit dry from being kept warm, but then if the'd cooked everything fresh everyone would winge that it took 5minutes to turn up LOL

I was just gobsmacked that we both ate and I got some water for less than £15 lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

I don't live at home and I thought the food was shocking regardless of price. The burger was actually inedible.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I don't live at home and I thought the food was shocking regardless of price. The burger was actually inedible.

That's your own fault. I looked at the burger and thought ''That looks a bit dry''

SO I had a hotdog, salad and chips. Was bloody lovely! lol.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That's your own fault. I looked at the burger and thought ''That looks a bit dry''

SO I had a hotdog, salad and chips. Was bloody lovely! lol.

I know i'm a ****. Guy next to us took one bite of his Hotdog and left it. I'll bring a jam piece next time. Mr Bean style. X

Have any of you lot actually been to another car show and paid £8 for a hotdog you could use as an emergency window-smasher if you rolled your car into a lake?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I remember having to take a loan out for a pork baguette at Combe once, lol.

182cup & 172 racecar
We did, pork in cider and spicy chicken baguettes at Silverstone £5.00 @ sold 200 Fri night and 350 Sat night. Easy and moist, not rock hard left under lights.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Have any of you lot actually been to another car show and paid £8 for a hotdog you could use as an emergency window-smasher if you rolled your car into a lake?

I don't like car shows. :eek:. I jest... a little.

I remember having to take a loan out for a pork baguette at Combe once, lol.

Fpmsl! Finance!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Youd have to have a pretty sheltered life to get all worked up over a slightly dry burger that cost you a fiver or whatever.
Talk about no real worries. Lol.

AK

M240i
A year and a half in London I shouldn't be too hard to understand mate.

But some Tennants would be a given.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I was a little gutted you weren't there this year, at least it gives me something to look forward to next year,
i'll try not to throw up on your shoes.

Last edited:
  Mini Cooper S sport
Shame people have to moan. I didn't try any of the food but I have no complaints about the day. I was fashionably late and met lots of great people :)

I also got sweets from Seb and the gorgeous Mrs Seb (who liked my car, yay).

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
SRS Face

This is only the second time the Admin have put on a National Meet, personally I would like to commend them in the work done to make this a success over last year. Tell me if i'm wrong but far more cliques and regions got talking to other members this year than last. Making it what I think should be at the core of it, a meet, not a show.

The only way the club can build on this is with constructive criticism and suggestion.

I know that Track Days for example have been considered in the past, the reality is only a small amount of the club members are actually interested in Track Days and many members would make it a nightmare to keep civilized. The cost of arranging a day whilst at the same site providing entertainment for those not interested would result in a considerable price hike. (This is taking into consideration your suggestion Chip)

Many of the comments made are silly, we have regional meets to fulfill those. Those complaining about parking, Seb and I tried to get members who wanted to stay together together, it is however a logistical PITA. We have no idea how many cars are in a group and at what time they will turn up or when. As soon as you start cordoning off areas for regions you start building invisible barriers between members, not the point of this meet. I'm sorry if you felt singled out, it wasn't the intention!

Youd have to have a pretty sheltered life to get all worked up over a slightly dry burger that cost you a fiver or whatever.
Talk about no real worries. Lol.

With the £2.50 off voucher - it was about £2 for a burger and a plate FULL of amazing chips.
I've had office canteen food that was worse and double the price

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
With the £2.50 off voucher - it was about £2 for a burger and a plate FULL of amazing chips.

I'm a spastic and forgot to bring the voucher, but must've been overcharged if you only paid the equivelent of £4.50. 9 quid for me for the same 'meal', lol!

The chips were awesome though, was well happy when I saw the bird bring out a fresh batch.

Bus w**ker

Errm where did you eat (or fail GCSE maths)? Burger and a small portion of dry cold chips was £7.20, so £4.70 after the voucher had been used.

Admin rolled through and used £37.50 in vouchers :eek:

It was s**t though.

LOL I know there's a lot of Admin...but since when have there been 15 of you tight c***s? ;)

Truth.

55 Clio 182, C2 VTS
I thought the overall CSS experience was very good (Probably because we didnt camp with Davedreads & co :p ** ), well organised, well staffed, enjoyed the museum and meeting a few peeps. Me and my mate didnt like the look of the food in the canteen so we left a tad early and found a pub that served food.

TBH I expected LESS from £5 a ticket, so thanks alot :)

** Which obviously wouldve made it awesome...