ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CTS/thermostat question

clio 182 FF arctic
Alright guys,

recently bought my second 182 and noticed the temp gauge will always sit below half way, sometimes it will get to half way only for it to drop if I accelerate hard. Mpg seems a bit low with normal driving and performance feels slightly lacking. My last 182 would get to half way and sit there fine.

From reading countless other posts on here I'm concentrating on the thermostat and coolant temperature sensor. I will probably change both as I can't decide which it is, unless anyone can narrow it down from the symptoms above?

question is: how many wires should there be going to the coolant temp sensor? I have two but it looks like there was a third at some point.

cheers
jordan

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
There are only two wires but the plug is a generic 3 pin type by Bosch so ignore the blank.