ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CUCM help

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Bonjourno

(CUCM is Cisco Unified Communication Manager before anyone asks me :p)

I'm a bit new at this, and we (well, I) got dumped in the deep end with the configuration of all this crap, due to go on a training course in June but this issue can't wait til then :p

I can't fathom how to change the Product Type/Phone Button Template associated with a specific Device Profile. We have 2 phone button templates we use, one for a 7911, the other for a 7940. The issue is that I need to change this particular device profile to use the one for the 7940

Any ideas? I think I'm going round in circles hunting for a fix :p

Titanium 182
Is it ver 7 ?

Do you mean where you change the phone button template with the dropdown box ? make sure you're on the phone not the line.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
System version: 7.1.2.31900-1

Yeah. It won't let me change the phone button template from the Device Profile screen, as it shows the Product Type (at the top) as 7911, rather than 7940

I need to figure out how to make it say 7940 so that I can select phone button template for the phone

Shall I make a screenie?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
When you set device profile up did you make the phone a 7940 ?

Yeah post a screenie.

No. They were done seemingly at random :( (I didn't do it, third party company set it all up)

Can't post a screenie as my laptop is throwing a massive spaz attack :p

Titanium 182
Oh right, I re read what you typed. I think you have to delete the profile and make a new one.

In fact I'm almost sure you do. Just screenshot the settings it currently has then screenshot the settings on the line too delete it and make a new one with the settings from the screenshots but the new phone. Should only take 5 mins.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Profile changed (removed one, made new one), buttons set up, additional line set up, logged in to test.. now I can't log out of the f**king thing because the Services menu does nowt when you press the button

Joy! Can't remote log out the phone apparently as it's not showing the directory name assigned to any device

Can't use my own phone now :(

Titanium 182
Why isn't the button working is the template wrong ? Lol I think you can check it when you assign it to the phone it shows what buttons are mapped to what ifyou click next to it on CM.

Titanium 182
If you search under phone for the mac instead of assigned directory name you should be able to see which profile is assigned to it and log it out remotely too? Mac should be on the back of the phone ;)

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I've sorted that, couldn't find remote logout under CUCM

It seems to be a lack of Services assigned to the profile. Where do I assign services (it was only logging into a lower tech 7911 that I actually twigged this, because it tells you, no services :p)

Titanium 182
Go on the phone profile, top right add remove services. Once you've added it it needs assigning. The button for that is in the same list on the phone profile.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Does it have to be the profile for that specific phone? I ask this because if I'm logged out on both of my test phones (one 7940, one 7911) I can log in and out as I please.

Logon as user in question, no services. Force that to log out, log on as my user, can log in log out.

Surely it's services assigned to a user profile that are causing this?

More "progress". The extension will now log in and out of the 7911, but not the 7940. Profile is set to use a 7940 phone template etc

Contemplating putting my head through the server room door

"Progress" was shortlived, phone went back to not having the Log Out service. Have referred it to the people that implemented the system without giving me any f**king documentation.

Going on a CUCM course in the middle of June :p

Last edited:
  Titanium 182
Yeah it's the specific profile as far as I know, sounds a right hasttle mate haha.
Just wait for the training course :rasp: it's great fun.

:dapprove:

/Wrists

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
The guy that implemented it has finally come back to me, telling me I need to subscribe the new profile to the logout service.. but hasn't told me how :(

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Finally sorted, I'm such a r****d. I never thought to look in the Related Links drop down to Subscribe to the service :(

Even you told me but I didn't see anything in the window :p