ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup / 182 Tyres

Has anyone put a set of michelin exaltos ( as fitted to the 182) onto a Cup?

My contis are on their last legs and fancy trying another brand.

Andy

Nippy white cup

They are wider (205/45/16 instead of 195/45/16) but they do fit. Be careful what tires you get....I changed my contis for uniroyal Rainsports and changed them straight back! You wouldnt think it would make much difference but the stiffer tyre walls of the contis keep the car much more stable (especially on the motorway).

Cheers

Chris

someone else said to stick with what tyre brand the car came with........

michelin exaltos are supposed to be the best for stiffer tyre wall sides

I bought four new michelin exaltos pilots for my cup 195 45 16. Awesome handling and hardwaring but they tramline like Fcuk. Scared the sh*t out of me the first time I drove it with the pilots on. Ive got used to it now though.

I dont get the humming road noise with these unlike the old standard contisport tyres. They sounded as if the wheelbearings where knackared!

I bought them off ebay around 6 months ago, £180 deliverd for 4 brand new. Theyve covered 8k now and still pleanty of meat on them..

[Edited by richross on 05 August 2004 at 3:55pm]

[Edited by richross on 05 August 2004 at 3:58pm]