ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Alarm Bother

Cup 172
Now then,
Locked my car the other day and it made that high pitched sound they do if a doors open. Unlocked and went round and checked all the doors. All okay, so I re-locked. Same problem. Eventually got it to lock after opening and closing the bonnet. Alarm then went off in the middle of the night.
Took to Reno, who reckoned the bonnet catch needed adjustment. Seemed okay for a couple of days then went off again last night?
Any ideas what this might be?????

Ta!

RenaultSport clio 182 cup
here you go mate found this on another forum:

Problem: When locking the vehicle the alarm beeps 2 or 3 times!
Reason: The alarm system has received a signal from the vehicle ECU that the ignition is 'on' causing the alarm to beep. This signal is only received by the alarm for 3 to 4 seconds, after this time has elapsed the alarm stops beeping.
Solution: This problem can only be resolved at your local Renault dealer. Ask the dealer to contact the 'Renault alarm help line' and quote reference 'RS+15', we will then inform them of the modification to be done under warranty.
Please note that this problem will not cause the alarm system to false trigger and is intermittent.

i had that fault.
after 3 atempts the renault garage finally got it fixed. first attempt i told them exactly what it was, but they said it was the bonnet switch needing adusting.
secodn time i told them exactly what it was again, they tried getting hold of cobra but couldnt. they got hold of cobra, got the neccessary info for the fix, and then the next time it was in they fixed it

pocklingtons in louth (lincolnshire)