ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup best panel filter

Tappd'd RS

As the title suggests - what is the best panel filter for the 172 cup?

Im not going the whole hog for a VIPER until I decide to get the ECU done and a titanium zorst fitted!

you wont get any major flow gains from the differing filters....choose one that fits your budget and ones you like....

ok right, im a bit confused about this whole panel business - i can see how an innduction kit can improve engine performance through cooler air and increased flow, but by just paying more for something that might filter a few more particles, how can this be an attractive mod? surely the renault standard is ok in this case, as they would be stupid to skimp on the filter, reducing the long-term life of the engine?

If anything they filter better than the original - take a look at the standard paper filter and marvel at how crappy it looks.

Standard paper ones are designed to be lowest common denominator items - built to a cost, fit and forget until the next service.

Both the ITG and the BMC filters are the same price delivered but has anyone had any experience and any performance gains with these two panel filters?

Have a BMC and it seems to be of good quality. Hard to notice any performance gains though. Might give 1-4bhp? Got one because the standard airbox and ducting are brill!

BMC are good. The make filters for the Ferrari F1 team if that says anything. Have a look at the dyno prints on their site. My filter is made out of cotton dont know about the ITG.

ITG is a foam composit.

They supply about 90% of the F1 grid, which says more ;)

Or nothing at all when you realise that they give it free to the teams for publicity...lol

Tappd'd RS

cheers for the info - where can i buy a bmc filter from? i see demon tweeks have the carbon dynamic airbox, but no mention of panel filters.

Passion Motorsport are the main importers of BMC i think. I contacted BMC dirsct and the sent me Passion Motorsports E-mail and here is the replt i got from PM.

Hi there, thanks for email

We have just been passed your enquiry

BMC Panel Filter for a 2002 Clio CUP is as follows >>>

Part NO: 29501 Price £38.99
Post £5

However can be ordered on 3 weeks special order from Italy

Hope this helps

Thanks
Al
Sales

Their E-mail

mailto:passionmotorsport@btopenworld.com">passionmotorsport@btopenworld.com

Tappd'd RS

ive got 4 weeks to wait for my car anyway, but I could get another one locally probably next week! 3 weeks delivery does seem a bit much!

mailto:B@llsie">B@llsie what titanium exhaust are you thinking of fitting? I have spoken to Hay & Scott they could provide me with a custom exhaust with a titanium tip - have failed to find any off the shelf items apart from universal Jap boxes such as Apex-i etc - do not want to go the custom route, as I had too many problems in the past.

Thank you

Charlie

Just got this from need for speed they sell the ITG filters

Hello,
ITG are hand making filters for this car at the moment. If you can confirm
the dimensions of your filter which should be Cylindrical I can have one
made for you. They cost 25.00 plus vat and delivery and if it turns out to
be a panel filter they cost 36.00 plus vat.
If you can let me know the details I can order it for you.

Thanks

NFS

Looks like i will have to get another custom made one-