ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup delivery delayed Technical Block

Having ordered my Cup on 27th July and being told it would arrive in within 6 weeks I was most annoyed when delviery was put back to 15th Oct (today) due to the factory closure, but I got over it.

Now , on the day it was supposed to be delviered the dealer has informed me that my car has been put on "Technical Block" at the import centre!!! WTF??? He said this usually means they are fitting country specific options etc. But he cant give me an exact reason, but hes allegedly trying to find out. They are now saying delivery will be 27th! (12 weeks since I placed the order) .

I am very suspicious of what the hell is going on. Im wondering if my car has been damaged and is being bodged/repaired by the import centre.

Im seriously cheesed off, to the point where Im now looking at 2nd hand Cups as Im considering telling the dealer to stick his Cup up his a***. If I finally do get it and there is the slightest hint of damage repair then they will be sticking it up their a***.*

Anyone else had this happen????

When my Cup was delivered on the 4th March (1 day late) i was not a happy chap. I ordered it direct from Renault through work in January (i work for a leasing co & got it veeerrry cheap! Despite me wanting to wait so it had an 03 plate they tried to deliver it in Feb on a 52 plate. i politely declined & got it in March. The mileometer read 7 miles. The front tyres shoulders looked as though they had done a couple of hundred. One of the rears had a sideways flat spot almost , making it look like it had been involved in some handbrake turn action. Even the delivery driver as he carefully eased it off the transporter outside my house said fukin ell thats a fast little thing you got! How the fu*k did he know ? i thought he had just delivered it not driven it!!

My gripe was greeted with a shrug of the shoulders from the head of Renault retail UK who happened to be in our office the following day...!!! All i can guess was that before the vehicle was PDId they had probably used it as a runnabout after i declined feb delivery Then conected the tripmeter when PDId just before i got it... But how could i prove otherwise... Sh*t customer service is all i can say but what the heck i just got in it & off i went. cos i thought kickin up a fuss would be like pissin in the wind!

Ad

MK2 FRS

Id just throughly check it when it comes. Also if possible try and get down to the dealers to check over the viechle in your time before they get you sign anything. If your not happy walk away. The are plenty more around.

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

paulous2k i shouldnt get too upset as mine was due today an i bin told a similar tale! i now bin told the 22nd. took them since friday to decide if it was gonna be here today or not!!

As 4 wot seedy says bout speedos bin disconeccted its true. My boss used to be a mechanic at a rural renault dealer, they would get dropped off at the main dealer in the local city collect a car a piece, unplug the speedo and rag the bollox off them back to the dealership then connect the speedo an sell them with next to no miles on even tho he says it was 20-30 miles an even further if he collected a performance model!!!!!!!!

Abarth 595 Trufeo

I thought it was called rectification block if the car had been damaged and was being repaired - could be wrong though.

Just go over the car with a fine tooth comb - no matter how long it takes

I know this is frustrating & you will want to get it home and go for a drivebut it is defo worth it in the end.

Pick mine up tomorrow - was originally told the 30 Sept -then the 10 Oct and finally get it tomorrow 16 Oct.

Some excuse about cruise control on the 172s.

Will speak to dealer tomorrow about the techincal block and the delays on the cup and let you know if he says anything

H

tomboy, thanks that would be great if you could find out any info on cup delays & technical block.

Ive decided Im going to insist on a full test drive before I hand over any money and as you asid go over the whole car with a fine tooth comb.

If Im not 110% happy then Ill have to look elsewhere.

As per Tomboy, my 172 has been delayed (ordered last week of July) some mumbled excuse about cruise control and the fact I am ordering Sat Nav.

Delays were more likely due to the fact that it was very warm and sunny on the Riviera this year and they were all late back from their extended factory fortnight.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

..mine so far has been delayed 1 week, ordered on the 1st of august or something...was originally given a delivery date of today, now been told 23rd, renault have changed it twice, but its not moved for a couple of weeks now...hopefully it should arrive when they say...

...canfordcliffs, what date have you been given?

Adrian

Well i ordered my 172 on 19th September and ive got a delivery date of 27th October!!!

Hope it stays like that!

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A

Ordered my Cup on june 12th, got it on june 27th :D

then again that was coz it was already in the country....

"...canfordcliffs, what date have you been given?"

None, was never given a date, just being told it should be here next week "sometime"!

Bournemouth Olympian Renault.

Sounds like they have found a problem (some sort of design change) on the cup that the dealers are rectifying before delivery. Late delivery P*sses people off less than a recall. I have worked for an undisclosed manufacturer and this is quite normal. Also, what the guys are saying about disconnectiong the speedo is true. ALL cars will have done a good mile or 2 in the factory before they even go out to the dealer. Some have to pay a visit to the rework area when the line workers get a bit over zealous. Ive seen cars that have been crashed in the factory and are having a whole side replaced/repaired! Just check it over and as long as youre happy with it, enjoy!

Dunc

All that stress just to hand over your money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

I still cant believe, even after all the stories Ive read on here, that they can be so dam careless with new cars; its almost as if they are jealous that some one dares to afford a new car!!! The mentality that customers are idiots who deserve what they get really ps me off.:mad:

It seems that you have two choices, accept it and just dont think about what could have happened to your pride and joy or build your own kit car.