ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup delivery - update (angry)

Still waiting for my Cup to be delivered. It was ordered on Friday 16th May and early the following week I was told a car was built, it was sat at the import centre and would be with me shortly.

Its now nearly 5 weeks later, and Ive still no idea when my Cup will be with me :mad: I can understand a 6-8 week delvery time when the car hasnt even been built, but to know its been sat somewhere IN THIS COUNTRY for 5 weeks is taking the piss.

Im very, very close to cancelling my order and trying to get one elsewhere. What would you all do? Should I get one of the pre-registered cars at £11k?

Thanks for any advice,

BikeMan

They are really taking the piss now, my sis ordered a brand new vtr two weeks ago, and picked it up just over a week later….

Depends on how much you want the car…personally I would tell them end of the week or I would cancel and stick to it, my hubby said that to MG, they couriered his car to him the next day..:)

Good luck

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

If you are paying list price, or near list price for it then Id cancel and go get a better deal somewhere else, like an £11k pre-reg that you can have almost straight away and cheap!

Im paying close to list, which is why Im so pissed off.

Cheers for the advice folks, Im going to get in touch with them and Ill let you know what happens...

Ive just been down to my dealer and heres whats happened...

The Import Centre of Renault UK (otherwise known as a bunch of useless morons) have the communication levels of an amoeba. My Cup, while being PDId, was diagnosed as having a paint blemish on one of the bumpers. The reason its been delayed was due to them having to fix it before it could be delivered to the dealer. By sheer coincidence it arrived earlier today and its now sat in the compound at my dealer. I pick it up on Sunday.

I kicked off at my dealer for not returning my calls and not keeping me informed of the progress of my car. They explained that the Import Centre told them as much as they had told me and that the system didnt work this time. No prizes for spotting that!!!! Theyve apologised and as I had already asked for my car to be SupaGuarded they will now be doing it for free.

I noticed that the 172 Cup stickers on the passenger door pillar looked wonky and that the car was missing its front splitter. They said they would rectify them by Sunday.

My car had better be 100% perfect on Sunday otherwise Im going to absolutely fuming......

Front splitter could be sitting in the car. They usually fit these at the dealer just before delivery/hand over. Good luck on Sunday!

Thats a good result at last!! ;) But I would take a check list with me of things that you need to be sorted and if its not perfect then dont collect it till it is. Pay special attention to the bumper, make sure its mint, has it had a respray or what?? If it is then they shouldnt polish it so soon.

Youll soon forget all these hassles when your behind the wheel!! :D

the dealers lying mate - theres loads of cups about at dealers all over the uk - i know for a fact - i work at one of em.

Quote: Originally posted by BikeMan on 17 June 2003

The Import Centre of Renault UK (otherwise known as a bunch of useless morons) have the communication levels of an amoeba. My Cup, while being PDId, was diagnosed as having a paint blemish on one of the bumpers. The reason its been delayed was due to them having to fix it before it could be delivered to the dealer. By sheer coincidence it arrived earlier today and its now sat in the compound at my dealer. I pick it up on Sunday.

I kicked off at my dealer for not returning my calls and not keeping me informed of the progress of my car. They explained that the Import Centre told them as much as they had told me and that the system didnt work this time. No prizes for spotting that!!!! Theyve apologised and as I had already asked for my car to be SupaGuarded they will now be doing it for free.

I noticed that the 172 Cup stickers on the passenger door pillar looked wonky and that the car was missing its front splitter. They said they would rectify them by Sunday.

My car had better be 100% perfect on Sunday otherwise Im going to absolutely fuming......
Your car 100% HAHAHAHHA - sorry, hope you enjoy picking it up - its a great car, but there ARE going to be problems! sorry for being cynical, but from my experiance, and others on the board, get your note pad out!

MEGANE

The village drunk puts 99% of the badges on & it shows there all over the place!!! who cares just driving it makes up for it!!

Trophy

Quote: Originally posted by Blocko on 17 June 2003

Quote: Originally posted by BikeMan on 17 June 2003

Your car 100% HAHAHAHHA - sorry, hope you enjoy picking it up - its a great car, but there ARE going to be problems! sorry for being cynical, but from my experiance, and others on the board, get your note pad out!

I was thinking the same thing,
100%! Ha, dont forget... it is a Renault.

Mat.

Cheers for the humour guys - much appreciated :D

Ill be taking a list of things to check when I go on Sunday. I dont know about the village drunk, but I think the blind village idiot fitted the 172 Cup stickers...