ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup dilemma - what do I do

Right, as Ive posted before Im having trouble with the paintwork on my Cup and a couple of areas need repairing. Ive discovered that:

Front bumper was re-sprayed prior to delivery (OK as I was told in advance)
Then a week or so ago I discovered that:

Rear near side quarter panel has been re-sprayed
Both doors had been re-sprayed
Had the car examined by an AA inspector today and he told me:

The roof has been re-sprayed
The bonnet has been re-sprayed
There is excessive paint all over the car due to paintwork repairs
This was a brand new car(!!!) supposedly, and is 3 months old. My dealer is unaware of the AA inspection at the moment, but knows about everything else. He is currently trying to find out from Renault what happened to my car before delivery and get me a replacement car. Im well annoyed with all this now and Im considering my options. Mechanically, my Cup is fine and I have a few rattles inside. Options Im considering are:

Get my car repaired as mechanically it is sound, but risk problems at re-sale due to excessive re-spray work
Take the replacement car from Renault, try and get Climate Control for free and risk mechanical/bodywork trouble on the new car.
Reject my car, get my finance etc cancelled and buy something else
What do you reckon? I love the Cup, but will I always have problems with one?

Advice/opinions much appreciated.

BikeMan

I had mega problems with my car, including paint for about the 1st 6 months of its life. I took it in, chucked the keys at them and didnt take it back till it was all perfect again. The paint job that was done was fantastic to say the least. (Edinburgh).

If I were you, give them a chance to get the car up to your standards. Remember, its your car and you need to remember that. I wasnt using mine all that much to save the miles etc, but I thought why should I save a car for someone else? Get the car right mate, and enjoy it.

Mac

Just got the repair estimate and it needs £1500 worth of repairs, including a new bootlid :eek:

Im not having this car replaced, Im going for a complete rejection :mad:

Thought you liked the Cup? I would at least try for another one with compensation. Crackin cars, if you get a good one.

Its rusted behind the number plate. About 5/6 spots where its through the paint nd rusting the metal. How bad is that????

Looking forward to a reply from Renault...

However good a job the re-spray is, its still not going to feel like a new car and hard to explain away when you come to sell it, id deff go for a replacement, good luck!

Ive learned that the AA "paint test" isnt very accurate.

I sold a car a few years ago and the buyer had it inspected.

The AA Inspector smugly told me that both sides had been painted...

This was true, one side had a new door and the other side had been painted for scratches.

The fcuking nugget didnt detect the 4 inches of bloody cattaloy on the bonnet from where Id pranged it though!

Not exactly reliable....

Yeah, had one done recently on the car I sold. AA man didnt notice that the door and wing were resprayed and a different shade to the rear quarter.

One things for sure, Im going to spend a lot of time inspecting my CUP before I drive it away.