ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CUP Exhaust choice

Anyone with a Cup, fitted the K-tec exhaust ? The valvers say it is very loud. When I spoke to K-tec they said it was not as loud as the valver version. I dont ming a nice sport noise, but not at a level that would wake the dead (or the neighbours)

Renault Laguna Coupe

The original k-tec 172 exhaust could hardly be described as loud. DEAFENING would be nearer. I gather that they now do a more civilised version though.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

We are now able to offer 3 different systems for the 172/Cup and each system is available in 2 noise levels due to the 2 different centre pipes we are able to offer. The twin 3" system has been quietened down a fair bit now with a re designed back box and the new centre section so they are not as loud as they were.

David.

Why does everyone seem to go for off the shelf exhausts???

Went dont you try JP Exhausts based in MAcclesfield, they have an excellent reputation and I know many happy customers. Besides if you should have any problems they will always sort it F.O.C. regardless of how old it maybe!

They do a variety of tailpipes, singles up to 5", rolled in or rolled out ends, twins, ovals, dtm, slash cut.

They do work for TVR, Caterham for both exhausts and manifolds. They also do classic cars and do Stratstones Ferrari and Aston and Porsche sports systems.

I was up there the other day and are making me a polished stainless manifold for my 2.0 XE 16v engine which is in my nova. They are using a SBD high torque manifold as the template and making it in 1"5/8 bore. It should look well nice once done, once its got nice and hot it will go a gold colour!

As a rough idea they charge about £150 for a back box, and roughly about another £250 for the system. The systems are made to fit on the car, so during the process of making the exhaust its on and off the car a fare few times! If i remember the 172 exhaust splits into 2 from the manifold to the twin cats?? so it could be dearer!

Ultimately, you wil not be disapointed with there work!

K-tecs is hardly off the shelf. Its designed specifically for the clio so owners will get gains, JP Exhausts couldnt guarantee this! Anyway Hayward & Scott are the best fabricators in the country.

unless i was building a show car i would not be interested in a fully customised exhaust, just too much hassle

k-tec cat-back - £200.93

custom cat-back c£350-£400

i know what one id choose

Hayward & Scott are the best fabricators in the country.???

Who says??? have they got a web site?

JP have a good reputation and supply quite a bit of equipment to manufacturers, they do back boxes for example for Scoobys which are sold through dealers.....

The gains you get through exhausts alone arnt massive increases in bhp.....

Has anyone been to JP?? check out there site...

http://www.jpexhausts.co.ukwww.jpexhausts.co.uk

If people want to give them a try let me know and ill have a word with them, to let them know your paying them a visit, you never know they may do it cheaper for cash!

Bam Bam......

tell me why is it to much hassle??

You take the car to them and they will normally get your custom system done within the day!

There is Macc town center to look round or jump on thr train and go into Manchester!

the organising of getting it booked in, being w/o your car for a while and paying through the teeth for the exhaust becuase of the labour costs involved

Cheers for the help chaps, think I will go for the new K-Tec twin tail pipe. Time to start saving and find someone to fit it.