ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup exhuast / tuning

Had my Cup 6 months now and decided it needs to be faster!

Planning on getting the R-Sport ECU and some sort of induction kit. Any opinions on the best induction kit ?

My main dilema is the exhaust though. I had a williams a few years back and tuned it up to 200bhp. It had a decat pipe and 3" tailpipe. The car went really well but sounded like a spitfire and after a while it did my head in. So basically with my Cup I want something that will unleash a bit more power, sound slightly better than it does now but not give me a headache.

Is there any point just fitting a decat pipe and leaving the rest of the exhaust alone? Is such a product available? Or are there any semi-sensible exhausts available ? Call me a wuss but I dont want my car to look and sound too boy-racerish, I just want to improve the power a lot and the sound a bit. :)

golf

Thought about that also, just getting the de-cat pipe and not bother with the stainless performance exhaust part. Anybody any ideas?

If your looking to tune I would strongly recomend a full race system with a de-cat. Ive had one for 4 months now and even though its quite loud with the other mods that you planning it will defo give alot more power than a normal "ahem" cosmetic style zorst.

Other wise just set a magnex or K-tec.

Quote: Originally posted by wackojacko on 07 April 2004

If your looking to tune I would strongly recomend a full race system with a de-cat. Ive had one for 4 months now and even though its quite loud with the other mods that you planning it will defo give alot more power than a normal "ahem" cosmetic style zorst.

Other wise just set a magnex or K-tec.

Im the first person to get a Scorpion Monaco system on a 172!! But i have to wait 1 month for it!!! (Working at FFWD rules). Also i thought the race systems where discountinued????

Any light on this one?

Im not sure about the avaliablity of other Race systems but I have a SuperSprint race systems. Not what stock is left of them, but i heard they are getting difficult to get hold of.

Ive got a scorpion Lemans on mine with a K&N I/k. Its pretty loud at the moment, and im getting a decat pipe fitted in the next couple of days, ill let you know if ive gone deaf after that!! Im thinking its going to be pretty loud, but hey im young(ish) and i can just about take the dissaproving looks from my girlfriend!