ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CUP gone - Pic’s of the new beast !

The Tyres are Bridgestones and are about as slick as you can get -

In case you were wondering its knocking out 320PS (rumour has it) and Prodrive figures for the 2005 model are 0-62 in 4.2 secs. Does seem optimistic, but you can launch it without abusing the clutch too much in about 5 secs to 60. Dont really get enough "safe time" to time it myself when really booting it off the line as it all happens so fast a stopwatch just gets in the way.......!

they are clearing old stock from various opinions - I had 3 years free servicing instead - They are now offering the ugrade instead of the servicing and are of similar value. I have had the new PPP fitted with has a complete ECU replacement amongst other mods. The rumour is that the Current PPP "purchased" is the same as the WR1 pack which alegedly was the pre production prototype on the WR1 for testing.

Oh yes, CHRIS172CUP- apparently the MY05 has coilovers as standard now. Also a thicker anti roll bar and centre controlled Diff / bias as well as a re-inforced chassis. Does go well though, there dont seem to be any corners on the roads anymore, its all just straight lines (fells like it anyway)

R

rich[182]

good choice on going for free servicing, thatll save you a bloody fortune over 3 years !

Quote: Originally posted by mr sheep on 10 May 2005
is it just me who thinks thats one ugly car.

I have to agree, although it must shift, i think its fugly.

Cheers for all your comments (some more than others)-

Mike172sport - you managed to prise it from Steves hands did you ? He is asking rather alot for my old CUP dont you think ? by my reconing about £1k, even for a dealer.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

i had a feeling it was a scooby before id even opened the thread!!

nice motor mate!! bit of a classic fan, but still niiiiiice motor!!!

insignia

Nice car.I would have to didtch the mudflaps, and I certainly agree that it aint gonna win any beauty contests.New Evo rules in the looks department.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

both scoobies and evoss looked much better in their earlier years IMO! i.e classic scoob and evo 5/6

i do still like the newer models, just prefer the old skool!

thing about scoobys 0-60 times are they are exagerated. like you say 320ps in a 1500kg car 4wd with cleaver diffs will do a 5sec to 60 (still very rapid) but the standard STI with 260hp same weight in reality only do 6s and wrx standard simular weight 220ps only actually do 7s

unless you like frying clutches that is :D

cliotuRS

thing about scoobys 0-60 times are they are exagerated. like you say 320ps in a 1500kg car 4wd with cleaver diffs will do a 5sec to 60 (still very rapid) but the standard STI with 260hp same weight in reality only do 6s and wrx standard simular weight 220ps only actually do 7s

unless you like frying clutches that is :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agree 100% 5 secs is not too difficult with PPP - below that does require a certain amount of clutch abuse. Once in a while is real fun it is like being fired from a catapult, the car seems to leap up the road in a single bound and then grab you again in 2nd gear and push you firmly back into your seat.