ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup gonna be in garage for longer

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

My Cup (6 weeks old) went into the dealer on Tuesday to have the gearbox looked at becase its always had a whine in 1st gear.

When I took it in at 2 weeks old for them to listen too, I went out with the mechaninc and straight away he said "yeah, theres a noise & its not normal" so they dropped the gearbox oil to see if that made a difference, but he said theyd wanna strip the box for a look.

Anyway, this week was the first week they had free to look at it, so its ben in since early Tuesday morning and I expected it back (fixed) this afternoon.

Just rang now to check it was all going ok and Ive been told that I will not be getting it back today and that theyve ordered a new gearbox for the car! Then they said it could be on back order and I have to ring back later to find out how long its gonna be in!!!

So, no Cup and I get stuckl with this feckin 1.2 for longer... :cry:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

make sure they fit it properly

im now on gearbox #4 and they finaly done it right

320d M Sport

wat a ballache, im going to get reno to check mine, starting to feel bit dodgy going into third (19,000 miles now!). Never had this with my Saxo, i must say...

nothing that im aware of

reliable motoring, good top speed, very similar looks to the 172 models, interior is the same as a cup (except for seats)

people getting on their high horses becaus its a 1.2 again

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 29 August 2003

(except for seats)
they are the same (in mine anyway)

anyway thats enough 1.2 protecting for me.

Nippy white cup

Mine sometimes seems to stick in gear when I screw it. Feels like the clutch is sticking but Ill see what develops.

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio16v on 29 August 2003

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 29 August 2003

(except for seats)
they are the same (in mine anyway)

anyway thats enough 1.2 protecting for me.
Didnt realise the MOSSA finish came in Billabongs, extremes, Mars Bars or dynamiques? In fact Im sure it doesnt - never seen it in any other clio models - they all have disgusting patterns! Unless of course you retro fit some cup seats.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I dont have any of those.

But the seats are the same. The covers, ahh well thats another thing...

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Took them 5weeks!!!! to get my gearbox....said they had to bulid one!!!

If you want an uprated clutch nows the time as you would have to take the engine/gearbox out to do that too.....

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Chris nnic on 29 August 2003

Mine sometimes seems to stick in gear when I screw it. Feels like the clutch is sticking but Ill see what develops.
Get it in and get them to sort it mate...

Thats what warranty is for!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio16v on 29 August 2003

But the seats are the same. The covers, ahh well thats another thing...
Not in this one...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by chris172 on 29 August 2003

Took them 5weeks!!!! to get my gearbox....said they had to bulid one!!!
Oh my f*cking God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :eek:

It better not do, or its going back...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Well it aint gonna be 5 weeks...

The new box will be here tomorrow or Saturday morning and I should have the car back by Tuesday, so not too bad.

Although there is apprently a PAS fluid leak and a sensor was not plugged up too, so theyre sorting that too.

Feckin Renault quality! :sick:

172, Tiguan

Blimey Rich, unlucky mate. Still at least it sounds like they are doing something, which is more than most reno garages.

Best of luck mate.

172 Cup

I have alot of sympathy with you Rich but unfortunately your problems doesnt really come as a suprise.

sorry to here Rich.. when my car went in after a week of ownership, for a clunking sound when cornering and insider said that the engine mounts were loose and the gearbox had no oil in it!! what the?? cars been sweet since.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Hopefully these "teething troubles" will be sorted and it will be ok...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 29 August 2003

The new box will be here tomorrow or Saturday morning and I should have the car back by Tuesday, so not too bad.
Well...

Just rang them now to see if it was gonna be ready to collect tommorrow, but I was told that it could be the end of the week now!!! :cry:

Im going on holiday early Friday morning, so if it aint ready by then it will be a right pain in the @rse.

So why did I sell that Rallye again?! :sick:

Rich why are you getting a new gearbox? Its only the doggie mount needs replaced to overcome the thunk - mine had eaten into the mount and it was baout to collapse - the gearbox is fine? The suspension top mount modification will overcome the clunk whilst cornering as well?

I agree they are slow but its onlt an 1149CC and nobody is disputing that fact - although If I had to drive one Id defo have the Mk 2 1.2 16V over the original Mk 1 1.2 8V variant - 15BHp makes a hell of a difference and wouldnt take much to get 85BHP which is pushing a VTR!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by RSTDL on 01 September 2003

Rich why are you getting a new gearbox? Its only the doggie mount needs replaced to overcome the thunk - mine had eaten into the mount and it was baout to collapse - the gearbox is fine? The suspension top mount modification will overcome the clunk whilst cornering as well?
It wasnt "thunking" mate, there was no problem there, but it whines in 1st gear...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by aaronc on 01 September 2003

whats wrong with 1.2s?
Therere slow. good for run arounds though
Actually, the longer Ive had it, the better it seems...

Just the initial shock of losing over a hundred bhp and a load of torque means that they feel very underpowered, but now Im used to it then its pretty nippy.