ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Keyed! Help!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Anyone know any good shops for doing some minor paintwork.

I had the rear 1/4 of the Cup keyed on saturday night, its deep enough to go down to the original metal. Well annoyed but not going to dwell on it. I need a bodyshop to sort me out, without ripping me off.

The damage is like 3 inches long, 2mm wide and just above the wheelarch.

Your help is appreciated.

Simon

{Edit: Im in West Kent, Sevenoak areas}

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Sure its not a trolley...Sounds very similar to mine! (Then again i was in a car park)

Shi*e news all the same.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

I see wht your saying, its distinctly trolly height, but been to no supermarkets. :(

How far from dartford crossing is chelmsford?! I dont want to travel too far to be told its too expensive or they cant fit it for ages, yanno what I mean.

172, Tiguan

My local garage the Crawley Down Group has an excellent bodyshop, they might be able to help. Just past East Grinstead: 01342 710000, or the Reno garage called Baldocks in Wivelsfield (just past Haywards Heath) cant remember their number though.

Had about 30cm of the edge of my passenger door done and was charged £90. The bloke takes real pride in his work, cant see the join.

Chelmsfords about 30 mins from the tunnel/bridge.

Sanis Motors
Cheese House, Main Road, Boreham
01245 460040

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Sorry to hear about that mate.. someone also damaged my car when the reversed out (and drove off without leaving a note or anything)

bstards.

V&G Crash Repairs, Sidcup in Kent.

Dads been using them for years and seems to think theyre the best, theyve done work on mine and its top quality stuff. Not cheap though.

-Rob

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Quote: Originally posted by Pete_172 on 01 December 2003

Had about 30cm of the edge of my passenger door done and was charged £90. The bloke takes real pride in his work, cant see the join.

Chelmsfords about 30 mins from the tunnel/bridge.

Sanis Motors
Cheese House, Main Road, Boreham
01245 460040

Its about 6-10 cms long but pretty deep... so should be sub £100 yeah?

Chips Away would charge £100 for that, a bodyshop usually more like £200 for a good job as they have to spray the whole panel.

I paid a local body shop £250 to do all three panels on my passenger side, after some twot keyed right the way along the side (back in April, like after 3 weeks of Cup ownership). Two panels were taken down to the white primer layer.

while youre waiting to get it in to a bodyshop, apply some vaseline to stop any moisture getting tothe bare metalwork, i done this on mine when it was keyed, and repaired blemish free

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Ok got the quote back today...

"To remove O/S/R quarter panel trims as required, repair, paint & polish quarter panel and re-assemble" - £112.00

"Paint & materials" - £87.68

"E.P.A" - £1.12

Total: £200.80
VAT: £35.14

GRAND TOTAL THEY ARE DREAMING OF £235.94

What a f**king joke!

Who was that for Si? I have a scratch on my OSR panel that come sunt done for me! It seems about the same damage that I had. Maybe we can get together and get a price for both of us. You dont mind getting one panel sprayed silver do you?

Take it easy

Paul

Lionel Richie

"To remove O/S/R quarter panel trims as required, repair, paint & polish quarter panel and re-assemble"

remove the trim!!!! thatll be all of 30sec labour!!!!

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

Hi,

I use a bodywork chap who is excellent - he is on the same farm as me. Depends if you want to travel. Im near windsor. Email mailto:paul@infinicar.com">paul@infinicar.com if interested.

From what you describe, will be about £125 from him.

Paul