ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Killing Season

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
December is here and cup killing season aswell so ive now put my car into winter hibernation where i can finish my project off aswell to be ready for the summer

is anyone doing the same lol??

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Doesn't exist. Poor drivers with poo tyres is the issue.

Got a text from my brother this morning about his mate "The M3 sort of died last night, slipped on the ice, hit a kerb at 100 and bent both wheels under". I've had M3's for 4 years and mine isn't dead.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
My old cup survived winter, just adjust driving style to suit. No different for any other car imo.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
People putting these cars away for winter? it's a sporty Clio not a collectors car that's going up in value.

Drive it and enjoy

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I dont wanna get caught out in the ice with no ABS and the salt and grit totally ruins ya paintwork :(

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Doesn't exist. Poor drivers with poo tyres is the issue.

Got a text from my brother this morning about his mate "The M3 sort of died last night, slipped on the ice, hit a kerb at 100 and bent both wheels under". I've had M3's for 4 years and mine isn't dead.

Thats true pal ive got another car anyway but im not going to risk ruining my cup in the s**t conditions as ive spent loads of £££'s on it mines a mega clean low miles example and i wudent wanna risk bashing it when the weather gets really bad

My old clio was awesome in the snow, never had any issues with it!

Just glad my 350z is going next weekend, the slightest bit of damp and its like its on ice skates, poxy thing

renault clio 182
Mines got its full winter valet today and is now away for a sleep for month or two and money I save on not using fuel means can buy new parts win win

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Mines got its full winter valet today and is now away for a sleep for month or two and money I save on not using fuel means can buy new parts win win

Yo sam its kyle mine got the winter wax and now the sheets over her haha more parts during the winter = winner :)

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
I dont wanna get caught out in the ice with no ABS and the salt and grit totally ruins ya paintwork :(

ABS doesn't work correctly on ice, and you should never use the brakes on ice anyway.

Seems its the drivers that kill the cars, not the cars themselves.

I wish my car didn't have traction control or ABS especially for the winter months. I'd rather be in full control of what my wheels are doing instead of stupid systems cutting in and out when they feel like it.

RB 182
always wondered why everyone kills their cars in winter.

surely a car is for life.. not just for summer?

...metaphorically speaking.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
people kill there car because they still drive likes its summer, even when the temperature sensor says -2C. Nothing to do with the car.

535d / t5 caravelle
we'd all be f**king dead if it weren't for abs, can't believe cars without it are not banned from the roads in winter, especially clio cups! :rolleyes:

clio 182 sport
lol i was laughing about this with my friend today, cant beleive people put there clio's away for winter, i wouldnt take a v6 out on icey roads but a normal clio ....... come on lads sort it out .......

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
we'd all be f**king dead if it weren't for abs, can't believe cars without it are not banned from the roads in winter, especially clio cups! :rolleyes:

never had any issues in my mk1 and cars have been ok the last 60 years without abs...

big boost cup
mine goes away for the winter now. But i have driven it in the snow before. cant see the big deal tbh unless you are a clean freak

renault clio 182
What's big deal with people complaining about people taking there pride in joy of road in winter if they want too save the car from crappy conditions and idiot drivers and crazy cold dangerous conditions I don't see the big problem I've done it every year from my first car a 106 quiksilver too a 106 gti then a limited edition Ibiza Cupra R too my RB I have now yes they aren't super cars but I want too keep my cars in tip too condition as do alot of people it seems...

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Well mine certainly wont be in the breakers yard this winter and people having the pleasure of taking parts of my car but i no a few people who are doing the same as me its nothing to do with being a good driver u could be the best driver in the world and still crash

R56 JCW
Fair play for wanting to keep your car mint, if i could afford to run two cars and garage my 200 for the winter, i would. but i bought it to drive the buggar!! Traction control OFF and drive!!!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
My cup a few winters back:

y8y8e9yz.jpg

Drive fine to and from work, just drive slower with a lighter right foot.

Iceberg 172
1460152t44h2e3e.jpg

Well, I live in Estonia where we tend to have winter weather as on the above picture taken last week (10+mm of snowfall, -10*C and more). Due to this some people tend to garage their fast (summer) vehicles and run 4wd Audis, Imprezas, etc. in winter. Me myself? Just fitted my Clio with winter tires, adapted a more sensible driving style and shall just continue enjoying my car. Sliding around on empty roads and visiting some frozen lakes and/or quarries during the coming months :)

Inferno 182
Can't see the issue with driving a clio in the winter. If there's grit on the roads - wash it and if it snows it just makes driving more entertaining... As alot of other people have said I like to look after my car but I bought it to drive not to leave in a garage, i dont see the point.