ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cup lover

Blue Clio Cup
hey all

havent been on a forum for time....but test drove a 172 cup at a dealer t'other day. what a car. i have a t/b'd 16v 205 so im used to quick fwd but i was just so suprised at how involving it was to drive. hence here i am. in the process of selling my golf work wagon then into a cup. just on here really to finfd out what problems arise as i do nearly 1000 miles a week work wise and i need something dead reliable.
cheers

jonny

Family Bus
Welcome! Good choice of car! :D

Lots of cup owners in here - will give you plenty of advice! Get your fiver paid and you can look at the threads properly....lots of advice in them!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Fuel costs isn't a problem...40 mpg is easily achieveable if you're smooth.

Reliability generally isn't a problem unless you're ham-fisted and abuse it...mine's turned over 100k miles now with no major failures and only recently has it needed a new clutch.

172 Cup
Fuel costs isn't a problem...40 mpg is easily achieveable if you're smooth.

Reliability generally isn't a problem unless you're ham-fisted and abuse it...mine's turned over 100k miles now with no major failures and only recently has it needed a new clutch.

How? I cant get mine above 36mpg!! and that was not letting it go above 3000revs!!! :S

BMW E46 330i Touring
I picked up my Cup last Sunday and averaged 42.5 on the drive home.... mainly D-Carriageway with a bit of A -road.

Welcome, as said, become a paid-up member if you're serious and you'll have access to loads of useful help and information. :)